Chapter Two - Hero

I rushed out of the bathroom and started running toward the base. The Garmadon's shark-themed delusionists were running around, throwing things, breaking things and pretty much anything that would be a pain to fix or clean up. I couldn't pay attention to them though, my mind was racing with thoughts, some related to what I was doing, but others were related to someone you probably wouldn't believe. Lloyd. I found myself thinking about him a lot, for some reason.

I was, well, worried wouldn't be the right word, Garmadon wouldn't stoop low enough to hurt his son, right? Then again, this guy probably doesn't even know what Lloyd looks like anymore. I probably shouldn't have just left like that.

Back to important things. Recently, Garmadon had been attacking earlier and earlier, we all concluded that it was because he thought we'd be more tired or busier, but it was starting to get extremely annoying. 

I finally reached the base. I rushed over and looked over at my mech. It was a light orange with firm, black wings with boosters that could push people miles away, like it could control the wind. I jumped inside, finally. 

The sun in front of me was all I could see, as the cockpit's external cameras had long been destroyed in previous "battles". My mech was still technically new, but this was a familiar world to me. 

The brightly lit room flickered for a moment and then everything went dark. When the green light lit up at the cockpit, I felt the familiar, though abnormal, feeling of exhilaration. The wings spread out from my mech's backside, getting ready to take off into the field. I deepened my voice a bit, like I always do when wearing my gi, "Sorry, guys, I was a bit distracted."

"That's fine, don't worry about it, hero," Green exclaimed through the microphone. He has a bad habit of calling me 'hero', the nicknamed stemmed from my first day as a ninja. I remember being tired and saying some, well, let's just say I sounded like a 15 year old fan girl. I kept calling the others heroes and Green has kept messing with me ever since.

I've never felt like much of a hero. I've always been the slow, outcast out of the other guys. They all act so heroic and I, well, I'm just Y/N, or as they know me, Wind or Orange. We call each other by our "element" (whatever that means) or by our suit colour.

"Yeah, yeah," I sighed.

"Does.. does anyone else see that?" Green stuttered.

"The generals all appear to be retreating before we have done any actual damage towards them," Ice explained.

"Well, we should get some rest today then," I began, "Last time that happened, the next day Garmadon destroyed a third of the city and my mech.

"Still salty over the old mech?" Earth laughed.

"Oh, shut up!"

"Calm down, hero," Green chimed in, with his usual chuckle.

"Be honest, will we die?" Lightning feared. He feared everything. He always thought someone was on his way to kill him. Of course, we make fun of him, but that's the kind of mindset you have to have when you're a ninja.

"I gotta get going, my friends'll be worrying about me again," Fire explained. Everyone else said something similar and we all raced toward our base. 

I felt strangely excited to go back, for some reason. After all, I'd be able to see a familiar face. Perhaps this is what true friendship feels like?

_________

A/N

I'm not really sure on this chapter, it lacks detail imo and it's fairly short, but I'm gonna publish it anyway. I'll probably edit it soon.

Also I apologise for Y/N's obliviousness, I just find it funny. Y/N hasn't really ever had any friends, so I headcannoned that he would put all of his obviously romantic feelings toward Lloyd as a feeling of a comfortable friendship.