- s a f e -

• t h i r t y - o n e •

[warning mature content.]

After a while of silence, Taylor's eyes seemed lost in Karlie, there was a small smile that was formed on the side of her lips.

Her face had a tender expression, and pure love overflowed from her green ponds that Karlie felt she was going to burst into tears, there was nothing more she'd ever said that she meant more than this, her proposal to marriage.

Everything they had gone through, everything they've felt these past two years had been more than enough proof that no matter what the circumstances, no matter what mistake was made, they would find a way to be with each other.

It was all those lazy mornings after love making nights that she was more than sure this was the woman she wanted, seeing those blue eyes. Seeing them during their nights of bare skin come full with ecstasy, seeing them warm up to her in a smile of good morning, seeing them cry after a departure or a fight.

This is what Karlie wanted, until the very last beat of her heart.

Until her old rugged heart could no longer keep up with her and love was much too to bare, until saying I love you was said with the lips but not with the voice, she wanted Taylor forever.

Karlie thought for a moment.

She doubted whether it might've been too early to ask, but then again, what difference would it of made?

There was absolutely no way her statement was going to change, and as the evening outside their window began to darken, and the hallway outside grew quiet; Karlie moved her hand from Taylor's waist, and cradled her face.

Stroking her cheek with her thumb, feeling her warmth she had missed so much, she didn't need an answer, she already had it. Taylor was here, and she had her face buried in her palm, kissing it lightly.

The simple gesture sent Karlie's heart into shambles, the click of Taylor's lips on her skin.

The feel of her cheek under her hand, she was at her reach, she was hers.

Now there wasn't anything that could possibly come and ruin this, this love they had wasn't going to stop.

It would keep on growing and Karlie was so sure they both would nurture it.

In the midst of her mind, she herself was caught by surprise when it was Taylor's own fingers brushing across her cheek.

"Karlie, my sunshine," she felt herself blushing at the childlike nickname,"you don't need to cry anymore."

Karlie gave a warm hearted gentle laugh, and licked her lips.

"Baby I'm not crying, it's just a few tears. I feel so lucky and both unlucky that you're here now."

Taylor nodded, brushing a strand of Karlie's hair from her tear stained lips, she leaned in to peck them.

With the uttermost tenderness, their lips pressed so softly against each other, the brush of a feather would've felt too rough.

For the quickest moment, but for their lips eternal but not enough, they separated.

They analyzed each other, after not seeing one another in what they felt was forever, they stared.

Karlie traced those eyes she adored, but admired also the purple lining under them.

Sleepless, just like she was.

It took a pang in her insides too, seeing that she had caused all of this.

Traces on her arms, from the trail of nails, this was torment.