Chapter 3 - First Date

[ORIGINAL CHAPTER]

"Oi watch my car," I said as I got out of my car in the parking lot, which made Connor laugh

"Oi watch my car," I said as I got out of my car in the parking lot, which made Connor laugh. "Sorry, I didn't realise you were driving a Porsche," Connor said sarcastically as I opened the car door and got out, before grabbing my bag before locking the car behind me before we began walking towards the hospital "so last night was fun huh" Connor said sarcastically as I got out, grabbing my bag before locking the car behind me before we began walking towards the "You and Herrmann looked to be getting along," Connor said, which caused me to halt, and Connor to pause as well. "Herrmann is a great guy, he really is, but as I said before, I don't want a relationship right now," I replied as I walked away.

"Good morning Maggie," I said as we walked up to the reception desk. "Hey Mel, heard you had fun last night," Maggie said as she looked over some paperwork, so I turned to face Connor and said, "Seriously," which caused Connor to lift his hands before I walked over to her and leant against the reception desk as Connor headed to the locker room. "Soo do you like him?" Maggie asked, looking up with a grin on her face, "come on Mel Herrmann definitely likes you and you haven't dated anybody since I've known you." Maggie said placing her hand on her hip.

"what's going on" Nat said as she appeared behind us "Mel won't pursue a sweet fire fighter that has a thing for her" Maggie said which made Nat smile "I need to get ready" I said which made both of them chuckle said as I walked away before getting dressed into my scrubs and lab coat before heading into reception "there's been a delivery for you" Maggie said as I reached the ER as Maggie passed me a bunch of flowers "you have an admirer" Maggie said with a huge grin of her face as I looked in the bunch for a note as I read it I realised they were from Herrmann "Are they from Herrmann" Nat asked as she appeared from around the corner holding a patients file "Yeah" I said as a smile appeared on my face "You like him don't you?" Nat asked.

Which made me look up before walking away I heard Nat say "she does doesn't she?" as I head to the lockeroom and put the flowers in my locker and read the note again "To Mel I was wondering if you fancied a drink sometime? Herrmann" a his number below so I grabbed my phone from my pocket "thanks for the flowers I would love too Mel" I texted the number and got a reply quickly after "Tomorrow night?" Herrmann replied "ok see you tomorrow?" I replied but closing my locker door and heading back into the ER.

Later on when we were getting changed out our scrubs Connor eye balled the flowers "so are you going to have a drink with him" Connor asked as he took off his scrub top and put on his own clothes "yes" I said which made Connor look at me shocked "really?" Connor said sounding surprised "tomorrow night, but keep it to yourself" I said as I glared at him "eye eye Captain" Connor said sarcastically as he did the hand gesture before I put my hair into a ponytail "come on let's go" I said tapping him in the shoulder before we headed out of the locker room as we were leaving I saw Nat "I'll meet you there Connor" I said before he nodded and walked off before I ran over to Nat "hey Nat can I ask a favour" I said we headed to her car "sure" Nat said seeming hesitant "so I have date tomorrow and I'm not sure what to wear" as I said this Nat stopped "With Herrmann?" Nat said being happy "yeah but I haven't been on a date in years" I said "I'll come over tomorrow let me know when your date is" Nat said "I'm really happy for you Mel" Nat said tapping my arm before she walked off smiling.

As I headed to my car I saw two men stood near my car one was Connor and the other Herrmann "Hey" is aid sounding confused "I'll leave you two it" Connor said "goodnight" Herrmann said as Connor waved goodbye "Hi" I said stepping towards him "Hey sorry for coming here unannounced but I just wanted to check in with you" Herrmann said as he looked at the flowers in my hand "Thankyou there beautiful" I said smiling at him "so tomorrow there's this really nice restaurant that's just opened so I was thinking we could go there tomorrow at 7" Herrmann said with a huge smile on his face "7 it is" I said smiling at him "I'd better get home to the kids" Herrmann said before he reached out to my hand "see you tomorrow night" Herrmann said before he walked away to his car and I watched him walk away.

Before getting in my car and driving home with a huge smile on my face. It was the next day it was half 5 when I heard a knock at the door so I headed to the door and looked through the hole to see Nat stood there so I opened the door "Hey" Nat said with a huge grin on her face "Hey" I said happily back to her "so you ready for your first date" Nat asked but could I really be honest with her at the fact I was so nervous "your nervous aren't you that's so sweet" Nat said as she headed to my bedroom then to my closet "let's have a look here" Nat said as she began to look through my clothing rail trying to find a dress or an outfit for me to wear for my date.

Before she pulled out a few clothing items from the closet before laying them down on the bed "this is so cute" Nat said sounding so happy "let's try it on" Nat said before passing me them and I headed to the bathroom and I got changed looking at myself and in the mirror and I smiled because everything had finally become real that I was going on a date after so many years and with a man who was so caring and kind made it even more exciting but made me incredibly nervous "what you doing in there" Nat said as I heard her knocking at the bathroom door so I took a moment to compose myself before I opened the door and headed out "aww Mel you look so beautiful" Nat said which made a huge grin appear on my face "now the hair" Nat said as I sat down on a chair and she began to brush my hair before straightening and curling it "I'm really happy for you Mel I've been told how much of a great guy Christoper is" Nat said as I sat there looking into the mirror and smiling.

"Thanks Nat" i said turning around and smiling at her and she placed her hand on my shoulder "your ready" Nat said as I stood up "so how you are getting there?" Nat asked as she began to collect her belongings before she left "I was going to meet him there" I said which made Nat chuckle "no your not I'm going to drive you there get your stuff" Nat said so I grabbed my jacket and bag before following Nat through the apartment door before locking it behind me. As me and Nat walked hand in hand to her car.
End Of Chapter 3