Chapter 12 - I Think I Wanna Marry You?

[ORIGINAL CHAPTER]

Today's shift had been a busy one because of some annual racing event that happened each year which meant every ER in Chicago was filled with brainless idiots causing havoc throughout the city

Today's shift had been a busy one because of some annual racing event that happened each year which meant every ER in Chicago was filled with brainless idiots causing havoc throughout the city. As I was sat there on a moving stood stitching up a patients head not speaking because I knew I would loose it talking to any of these morons because every year innocent people got hurt. As I finished up with the suture I took off my gloves before throwing them into a bin and heading into the ER.

Because finally it had calmed down only a few patients left that had minor injuries "ugh" Connor said as he leant against the reception "it's finally over till next year" I said laughing at him as I leant against the reception too before I heard music playing around me which confused me causing me to look up at the speakers because I recognised the song that was playing it was Bruno Mars Marry You.

And before I knew it everyone in ER was dancing around me Maggie, April, Nat and a bunch of nurses and other doctors which meant that this was for me "who cares baby I think I wanna Marry You" Connor said as he danced next to me grabbing my hand and making me dance with him which made me smile because he was clearly involved in this. Seeing all my friends dance ER to a song about marriage meant only one thing.

Christopher had been acting strange for weeks trying to hide something from me and coming home late from work so I thought something was wrong but now I know why he was acting this way he was planning this. After only 30 seconds Connor was grabbing my hand and pulling me out of the ER and outside that's when I saw a fire truck "Get in" Mouch shouts through the window so Connor grabs my hand as we jump into the back of the fire truck.

Once we get in Mouch goes speeding off as we drive through Chicago I see people holding up banners, playing Marry You and dancing as the truck goes past "where we going" I asked as Mouch turned around "you'll see" Mouch said with a huge grin on his face.

And after a minute we pulled up at the 21st district where my dad works once Mouch parked the truck i was pulled out of the truck by Connor and into the district and inside to see the officers of 21st dancing around me "just yeah yeah yeah" I hear a familiar voice say as she pops up from behind the desk before she starts dancing but I notice the intelligence officers including my dad walk down the stairs holding a jukebox and dancing "just say I doooo" My dad says before he starts dancing and all of the intelligence detectives starting dancing in unison and I smile and laugh because I had never seen my dad act this way.

I am grabbed once again by Connor and pulled out of the 21st and outside before back into the truck "one more stop" Mouch says before he starts driving again. I knew where we were going we were going to firehouse 51 "I can't believe you knew about this and didn't tell me" I say slightly slapping Connor on the arm who's sat there with a huge grin on his face.

"that's the whole point of a proposal" Connor says sounding so happy as I hear Marry You playing once again as we drive to the firehouse
with more people holding up signs, singing and dancing it must have taken weeks of planning. I couldn't believe that Christopher had done all of this for me. As we pulled up the street I saw the firehouse the street crowded with people dancing and Marry You blasting as Mouch stopped the truck "your final stop" Mouch says as we all get out and walk up past to the firehouse past so many people holding banners and singing as we walk up the path the whole of firehouse 51 one dancing which made me laugh. Before everyone surrounds me, Connor and Mouch dancing in unison before I hear squad cars approach us and more people arrive.

And before I know it all of Christopher's kids, April, Maggie, Nat And Will come running up the path along with my dad, Trudy and a bunch of officers from the 21st and as I'm stood there atleast 100 people start dancing around me and I just feel so happy as the song begins to get to the end.

I see everyone moving aside but still dancing and I see Christopher walk up the path in a black tux which makes me smile placing my hand on my chest "It's a beautiful night, we're looking for something dumb to do Hey baby, I think I wanna marry you. Is it the look in your eyes or is it this dancing juice? . Who cares, baby, I think I wanna marry you" Christopher sings before getting down on one knee "I can't believe you did all this" i say smiling and trying to not cry.

"Hey I'm creative" Christopher says with a huge grin on his face which makes me laugh "for a while I was alone and then thanks to me nearly dying" Christopher said which made everyone laugh "I met you and I'd nearly die over again if I meant I always met you" Herrmann said causing me to cry so I wiped the tears away from my face and smiled because he was the best thing to enter my life because he always makes me smile and laugh.

"and now I want to never leave your side so" Christopher says as he looks at Annabelle who comes running passing him a ring box "Thankyou" Christopher says smiling at his daughter before he opens the ring box "will you marry me?" Christopher says as I look around me to see people either nodding or smiling "absolutely 100 percent" I say as everyone cheers before he gets up and kisses me before placing the ring on my hand "half price all night at mollies, because I'm getting married" Christopher says as everyone cheers.
End Of Chapter 12