Chapter 10 - Second Chance

[ORIGINAL CHAPTER]

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you but," I said as Christopher got up from his chair and walked over to me "with firehouse 51's history with him I was scared," I said looking down, sad because I hadn't told him and was worried it would affect our relati...

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you but," I said as Christopher got up from his chair and walked over to me "with firehouse 51's history with him I was scared," I said looking down, sad because I hadn't told him and was worried it would affect our relationship as Christopher stood beside me and placed his hand on my arm "hey," Christopher said as I looked up at him "we all have secrets but I'm glad you told me," Christopher said with a smile on his face.

"Does he have any idea?" "Yeah, he came by the hospital while I was there but I told him I don't want anything to do with him," I said, looking away for a second before returning my gaze to Christopher, who made a strange face "what?" I asked as a smile appeared on my face "he's still your father" Christopher said "he's mellowed in the last few years maybe you should talk to him and give him another chance you deserve to have one parent in your life" Christopher said.

"Mel" Christopher said as I looked down because I wasn't sure if I wanted to speak to my father "speak to him give him a chance to tell his side of every story" Christopher said with puppy dog eyes so I couldn't say no to him "ok" I said with a short huff but a smile on my face "good" Christopher said as he wrapped his arms around my waist. Before he kissed my neck and snuggled his head into it, I said, "ok, let's watch a  movie." I grabbed a bottle of wine from the fridge while Christopher grabbed the snacks, and we headed over to the couch to sit down and watch Netflix.

"What you thinking?" I asked as I began to pour us both a glass of wine, and Christopher just gave me a look. "OK, Horror it is," I said, before putting on a movie and leaning into his before snuggling into him. Because I didn't have any job the next day, I had Christopher drop me off at the 21st district before his shift at 51.

"Are you all right?" Christopher said. "Nervous I guess," I said, a nervous smile on my face, "its going to be fine, you can handle Hank Voight," Christopher said with a smile on his face that made me laugh, "ok then," I said, grabbing my bag from under my feet, "see you after shift," I said smiling before kissing him on the lips before getting out of the car Christopher waved as he drove away. As the car drove away, I headed into the 21st district. As I stepped in, police officers strolled by me from all directions. I walked up to the desk and waited a while before a female police sergeant approached the desk and asked, "Can I help you?" the sergeant asked "I'm Melissa Jordan," i said as I looked at her name badge.

"I'm here to see Hank Voight," I added anxiously. "Regarding," Platt continued, her face indicating that she wasn't impressed by my presence here. "I'm his daughter," I answered, causing her to look up at me in surprise, "Really?" "I didn't know he had a daughter," Platt said, her glasses pulled further up her nose, slightly frowning at me because I feel she didn't believe me.

"Neither did he until recently can you just call him and tell him i was here" i said getting  a little annoyed with her "ok" Platt said before she picked up the phone and called someone a few moments later she placed down the phone and looked at me "you can go up" Platt said before I walked up the stairs and went through the gate before walking up another set of stairs until I reached the bull pen as I entered a few detectives looked at me confused "can we help you?" An older detective asked "I'm here to see Hank Voight Sergeant Platt let me up" I said as I looked at him which made him an ooh face "he's in his office" the detective said as he pointed infront of him.

As I stepped forward the office door opened and Hank was stood there "Mel come in" Hank said with a smile on his face which surprised me because of how we ended things the last time we spoke as I stepped him he closed the door behind me "please sit" Hank said as he pointed to the seat Infront of his desk as he sat down in his I sat down too "what brings you by because from what I remember last time you said you wanted nothing to do with me" Hank said as he looked at me "I didn't but someone close to me said I should give you a chance" I said as a little smile appeared on my face.

"Christopher Herrmann?" Hank said as he raised his eyebrows "have you been spying on me" I said as I titled my head and glared at him "I'm a police sergeant what do you expect" Hank said with a grin on his face which made me laugh and before we knew it were both laughing "I'm glad you came to see me" Hank said sounding happy "so I would like to know about you" Hank said as he looked at me "don't you already know everything about me" I said sarcastically which made him laugh "I'd like you to tell me everything about you hobbies, job and how you met Herrmann" Hank said sounding interest in me "ok then" I said as I smiled "well I'm a third year resident at Chicago Med I get to choose my specialty soon" I said which made a proud look appear on his face.

"What are you thinking" Hank said as he leant back in his chair "Trauma I didn't realise it was for me until I met Christopher in the ER before me and Connor Rhodes the trauma attending at Chicago Med saved his life" I said "how long have you known I was your daughter" I asked which made a confused look appear on his face "a week before the accident after I saw you in the ER at Med you looked just like your mom including the attitude" Hank said as he laughed "I'm not the most responsible parent but i wish I had the chance to be a parent to you" Hank said which made the room feel a little sadder.

"Lies have always been my moms speciality" I said sarcastically because I had never had a relationship with my mother as soon as I turned 18 I got out of her grip, and never looked back but during my first year of my residency i received a call saying that my mom had died because of an overdose "but I shouldn't talk ill of the dead" I said biting my tongue "I heard" Hank said before the door opened "Sarge we need to go" the detective said as he looked at Hank then me "I gotta go but please call me" Hank said as he stood up before passing me his card "before I go Mel meet Ruzek, Ruzek meet Mel my daughter" Hank said before he walked away leaving a shocked expression of Ruzeks face.
End of Chapter 10