Innocent

Requested by: No one

Pronouns: They/them

Tw: Cursing, talk of murder

Everyone was surprised when Luisa and Y/n announced that they were dating, and for one reason only.

If you didn't know Luisa—or just didn't pay attention to her at all—you were kind of scared of her. It was understandable—she was 6 feet of pure muscle and could definitely break every bone in your body if she felt like it. It was a rare occurrence when she yelled, but when she did, people wanted to run.

Whereas Y/n was small, well mannered, and cheerful. They were always seen following Luisa around, helping her as much as they could, happily talking to her and telling terrible jokes to make her laugh.

But there was more than meets the eye to their relationship, and one villager figured that out pretty quickly.

-

"Okay!" Y/n brushed their hands off on their pants/skirt, and sat next to Luisa on the front steps of the casita. "Now that you're done working, what do you want to do?"

Luisa smiled softly at her partner as they looked up at her. "I'd like to just spend time with you, amor."

They nodded, smiling back. "I'd like that, too." They were too short to actually reach Luisa's shoulder, but they put their head against it, humming softly. "Oh, I just remembered!" They reached into their bag and pulled out a small bag of arepas. "I made these for you!"

Luisa grinned. "Really?"

"Mhm!" They nodded and handed one to her. "You work so hard, and I wanted to do something to make it easier. So I figured, what better way to do that than food?"

Luisa chuckled as she bit into the arepa. "Thank you."

Y/n put their head back against Luisa's shoulder. "De nada."

A villager walked up to the two of them just then and said, "Luisa, I lost the donkeys again."

Y/n felt Luisa's shoulders drop for a moment, but she straightened up immediately, acting like nothing bothered her. "I'll get them."

The villager smiled politely at Y/n—after all, they were one of the sweetest people in the Encanto—but faltered at their expression.

They were still smiling, but their eyes screamed nothing but the desire for bloodshed. They looked as if they would happily attack him with a fork and eat the remains.

"One second, cariño." Y/n stood up before Luisa could, putting a hand on her shoulder. They bounced over to the villager, and smiled innocently up at him.

"If you make her work while she's clearly busy one more fucking time, I'll see to it that you lose more than just your donkeys."

The villager stared at them in horror, his mouth hanging open.

Y/n giggled and skipped back to Luisa, settling next to her. "No worries! He's going to do it himself now!"

"Really?" Luisa looked in confusion at the villager, who nodded, swallowing nervously, then turned and booked it down the street.

"I guess he realized that he's more than capable of fixing his own fence to stop the donkeys from getting out again." They shrugged, smiling cheerfully.

Luisa squinted suspiciously at her partner. "Y/n, did you threaten someone's life again?"

"No!" they squeaked, but when Luisa continued to stare them down, they sighed. "Sorry."

Luisa put her arm around Y/n. "It's okay—it means a lot that you would, uh, threaten murder for me. But I can handle it next time, okay?"

"Okay," they agreed. After a moment of silence, they said, "I love you."

"I love you, too," Luisa answered, putting her head on theirs.

-

"Hey, what's wrong?" Señora Ozma asked the donkey man as he sprinted back to his fence. "You look as if you've seen a ghost."

"Do not," he panted, doubling over. "Do not, under any circumstances, ask Luisa for help today."