Protect Me!

Pronouns: They/them

"Luisa!" you shrieked, bursting through the casita's door.

"What?" Luisa jumped up in shock from your tone, eyes growing wide. "What happened? Are you okay?"

"Catch me!" you yelled, launching yourself at her. She caught you, stumbling backwards a little, holding you bridal style. "Thanks!" you gasped, putting your arms around her neck and looking around wildly.

"Okay, what is this?" she asked you, still worried. "Are you hurt?"

You shook your head. "Not yet. I swapped Isabela's hair products with yogurt and now she's trying to kill me."

She raised her eyebrows at you. "Why would you—you know what? I don't even want to know."

A large tree erupted in the middle of the road, and you shrieked again, scrambling onto Luisa's back and hanging there. Luisa sighed and readjusted so she was giving you a piggyback ride.

Isabela appeared next to the tree with murder in her eyes and very yogurt-y hair. "Y/n, you are dead!" she yelled, growing cacti in her hands and advancing through the large door.

Clinging to Luisa's back and peeking over her shoulder, you giggled nervously. "Luisa? Help me, please?"

Your girlfriend sighed again and crossed her arms, staring Isabela down. "Sorry, Isa, they're under my protection now."

Isabela stepped forward, angrily brandishing the cacti. "I don't think so, Luisa. I don't care if you're dating them, they're going down."

Luisa glanced at you. "Look, I don't really want to get in a fight today, so—"

You held on even tighter when she tried to take you off. "No! I want to live!"

"You know I love you, but when you decide to anger Isabela, that's your problem," she told you, giving up on pulling you down.

"You're still gonna protect me, though, right?" you asked, blinking harmlessly, and Luisa rubbed her eyelids like 'why me?'

"Yeah, fine."

"Woohoo!" you cheered, sticking your tongue out at Isabela, who grit her teeth.

Luisa looked at her older, but smaller, sister. "I'll make them replace your hair things, okay?"

"Luisa!" you protested, but she put a hand on your face to shut you up.

Isabela crossed her arms, huffing slightly. "Very well." She narrowed her eyes at you and said, "This isn't over just because you've got a bodyguard." Then she turned around and stormed off, her blue dress flowing with every angry step.

"Gracias, amor," you sighed, hugging her from behind.

"You owe me," she said.

"Yeah...yeah, I know."