Inspiración

Pronouns: He/they

Relationship status: Dating

Y/n and Camilo were a power duo when it came to entertainment.

Camilo, with his gift, always went out of his way to make the villagers smile, transforming into different people to do impressions.

Y/n was an artist—a painter, specifically, and he was famous in the Encanto for his abilities to create lifelike images on paper. People would line up to get a piece of their work.

They both enjoyed what they did, but it did get draining. That's why they would meet up in Camilo's room to relax and talk.

This was one of those days where they were equally exhausted. Camilo flopped on his bed dramatically and Y/n copied, though taking care not to land on him.

"They...were...everywhere!" Camilo gasped, clutching his side like he'd been shot. "I can't go on like this! Save yourself!"

Y/n snorted, massaging their hand. "You can't go on? I think I just lost use of my hand for good!" He held out said hand to his boyfriend, who smiled and grabbed it.

"Need me to kiss it better?" Camilo asked, raising an eyebrow.

Y/n sniffed, looking up melodramatically and pretending not to smile. "If you must." He lost the battle with himself, smiling as Camilo kissed his palm and fingers. "Thanks, mi amor."

"My pleasure," Camilo said with a wink, lacing his fingers through Y/n's. "Now it's my turn!"

Y/n snickered, pulling their boyfriend up and hugging him around the middle, kissing his forehead. "Better?"

He put his arm around their shoulders, initiating a sitting-up cuddling position. "Definitely."

They sat in silence for a moment, Y/n playing with Camilo's hair, which he did a lot, (could you blame him? Camilo's hair was just so fluffy!) and Camilo gently fidgeting with Y/n's sore hand.

Camilo suddenly looked at Y/n's face, looking like he wanted to say something.

"What?" Y/n asked.

"Nothing, it's just that you're cute," Camilo answered easily.

They rolled their eyes, smiling. "Thanks, you, too."

"No, I'm serious," he insisted. "You're really cute." He pressed one fingertip against his partner's nose. "Boop."

Y/n pushed Camilo's hand away. "Okay, lover boy, that's enough." His face was slightly pink, giving him away, so Camilo just grinned.

Y/n reached over and grabbed his art book, which he'd thrown beside him.

"I thought your hand was sore, mi vida," Camilo pointed out as they flipped to a blank page.

"I thought you kissed it better, mi amor," he reminded Camilo, who sighed and smiled.

Camilo put his head on his partner's shoulder as they began to draw, watching their pencil fly across the page to create a new piece. At first, he didn't know what he was looking at, but after a few minutes, he began to see the large-eyed face of a chameleon.

He tilted his head to grin at his partner. "Heyyyyy..."

They chuckled, continuing to sketch. "I like chameleons; they're cool."

"And they remind you of me?" Camilo blinked several times, and Y/n kissed his nose, causing him to blink once more in pleasant surprise.

"That too," Y/n agreed affectionately. "Most days, you're my inspiration."

Camilo's face lit up in a smile. "Really?"

"Mhm," he answered, giving his boyfriend a one-armed hug. "Not just because I love you—which I do—but because you're just...." They paused, chewing on the tip of their pencil, looking for a word. "Your aesthetic is pleasing," he said finally. "It's fun to draw you."

Camilo was staring at Y/n in awe. "I love you," he said in a starstruck voice.

The utter affection in his voice made Y/n blush, losing focus on his drawing for a moment. "I love you, too, Camilo."

Camilo put their head back on Y/n's shoulder, making a small, happy sigh, and continued watching the drawing come to life.

There seemed to be a silent agreement pass between the two of them: That neither of them would rather be anywhere but right here, in each other's company.

That was all they needed.