-26-

1144 words :)

___

ABOUT AN HOUR AND A HALF LATER, THEO AND PETER RETURNED THEIR ROLLERSKATES TO THE MAN AT THE FRONT DESK, CLUTCHING THEIR STOMACHS AS THEY STRUGGLED TO CATCH THEIR BREATH FROM LAUGHING AT PETER'S LATEST FAIL.

'That was so much fun!' Thea smiled at Peter, before stumbling into a woman in a black overcoat, her gloved hand quickly darting and out of Thea's pocket.

'Oh- sorry-' Thea quickly apologised to the woman, not paying her a second thought, all her attention on the boy in front of her. 'Thank you, Pete,'

'We aren't done yet,' Peter smiled down at her.

'No?'

Peter just flashed Thea a grin, before wrapping his arm around her waist, pulling her close, and then shooting a web to the corner of the building, swinging them above the city.

Thea shrieked, burying her face in Peter's shoulder as he swung them through New York, avoiding the main streets as he didn't have his mask on and Peter Parker should not be web-slinging.

Eventually, Peter set her down, and Thea (regretfully) stepped back, taking in her surroundings. She stood on a roof, and after a moment she identified it as the roof of the compound, except this time, fairy lights were suspended off of makeshift poles at the roof corner, a thick rug covering the cold concrete, and a mass of pillows and blankets sat next to a small table struggling under the weight of three pizza boxes, three family-size bags of mixed lollies, a leaning tower of KitKat bars and a huge bowl of chips.

At one end of the roof, facing the stack on blankets was a blank white screen. A projector screen, Thea quickly realised when she spotted the actual projector poking out from behind the bowl of chips.

It would have taken Peter ages to set this up, surely this wasn't all for her?

As Thea took in her surroundings, Peter fidgetted nervously, his eyebrows furrowed as he struggled to gauge her reaction. 'I-is it too much? I'm sorry, we can go somewhere else I just thought this might be better than somewhere with lots of people because I know you can get overwhelmed easily and after the skating, I thought you might like something quieter-' Peter rambled.

Thea grabbed his hand in hers. 'You set up all this for me?'

'Y-yeah? Of course I did. Do you like it?'

Thea nodded frantically. 'It's amazing! Thank you so much!'

'No problem!' Peter beamed. 'Want to watch a movie?'

'Sure!' Thea walked over to the pillow-stack and paused, considering how she was going to sit down without being swallowed alive.

After a moment of deliberation, Peter ran up behind her, knocking them both onto the pillow pile, careful to cushion her impact.

'Peter-' Thea squealed as she fell into the pillows. Quickly trying to push herself upright, Thea found her movement blocked by Peter's arms wrapped around her waist, his face buried in her hair.

Peter quickly pulled away from her, but the mountain of pillows had swallowed them up, leaving him with little space to move too. 'Sorry-'

'It's okay,' Thea laughed, sitting up. 'What movie are we going to watch?''

'Well...I was actually going to put Star Wars on, but if that's too nerdy then we can watch something else...'

'No! Star Wars is amazing!' Thea exclaimed.

Peter furrowed his eyebrows. 'I thought you hadn't seen it?'

'Well.' Thea blushed. 'I hadn't seen it. But after I saw how much you liked it, I borrowed the DVDs from the library and watched them all,' her voice trailed off. 'I wanted to be able to talk to you,'