-33-

772 words :)

___

[two weeks after...everything]

THEADORA DREWITT WAS NOT A FAN OF MORNINGS. She didn't like the obnoxious buzzing of her alarm, the bright sunlight frying her eyeballs or the impossible task of taming her wild hair. She didn't like the rush to get to training, she didn't like the relentless noise that came with the world waking up.

But waking up next to Peter Parker made it slightly better. And he was very cute in his sleep.

Thea rolled over, nudging Peter's shoulder. 'Pete? It's 6. If we aren't downstairs in twenty minutes Bucky will beat you up,'

Peter mumbled something unintelligible, his hair sticking up at gravity-defying angles, before shooting upright. 'Oh- I'm so sorry I didn't mean to fall asleep last night I'll go-'

Thea laughed. 'It's okay. We were watching the movie, it was late, nothing happened.'

Peter nodded, running a hand through his hair.

'But we do need to head downstairs, so..' Thea gestured for Peter to get up.

'Right, right,' He pressed a kiss to her forehead before jumping off the pulled-out couch and walking out the room.

Thea waited for the door to close before she let out a squeal. Peter was so adorable it hurt sometimes. And to think that he technically stayed the night with her gave her more butterflies than she'd like to admit.

'Aww,' Wanda giggled from the doorway. 'Should I tell Pete that?'

Thea jumped. 'Wanda-how did I not hear you-?'

'You were very caught up in your thoughts,' Wanda smirked.

'Never mention that every again,' Thea demanded, quickly getting up and pulling on her training shirt over the tank top and sweatpants she was wearing before.

'You know I won't,'

Thea flashed the older girl a grin as she pulled her messy hair into a ponytail. 'Any particular reason you decided to bless me with your presence,'

'Yeah., actually,' she replied, her smile falling a bit. 'We found a way to reach Tony's universe,'

'Oh. Wow,'

'Yep,'

'So I'm guessing they'll be a meeting about that later?' Thea asked, shoving her feet into her running shoes.

'After training,' Wanda informed her, checking her watch. 'Which, by the way, we only have five minutes to get to,'

'Shit,' Thea cursed, snapping open a portal to the kitchen. 'I still need to eat- come on!' She tugged Wanda through, startling Sam who was attempting to make eggo waffles.

'Thanks, Birdman!' Thea yelled, snatching the least-scorched waffle from the plate, tugging Wanda through another portal before Sam could yell back. The two girls landed in the training room, Thea taking a bite of her waffle as Bucky approached them, probably attempting to look intimidating.

'You aren't supposed to use your powers to cheat time, Thea,' he started.

'Yeah, yeah, I know. But would you rather I be late?'

Bucky sighed.

'Thought not' Thea swallowed the last bite of her waffle, grinning at Peter as he ran in, frantically checking the time. 'Let's do this,'

[about two hours later, after a very humiliating training session and a stressful team meeting that i decided i was too lazy to write]

A knocking on the door pulled Thea out of her latest fictional obsession. As annoyed as she wanted to be, she'd already heard the footsteps coming up the stairs. And Peter Parker had a very specific knock.

She stood up, quickly checking herself over in the mirror. Her hair was still wet from her shower, the thick curls seemingly taking months to dry. She sighed. He loves you, get over yourself.

Thea opened the door, a smile already on her face before she even made eye contact with the boy. But when she did, a swarm of butterflies sparked to life in her stomach, a warm blush lighting up her pale cheeks.

Peter stood outside her door, a half-smile on his face as he met the eyes of his girlfriend.

He pulled a box out of his bag, handing it to her.

'Pizza?' An arm slipped around her waist, sending the butterflies into a spiral of giddiness.

'Always,' she grinned at him as he tipped them out Thea's window, the wind cradling their two forms as they plummeted towards the earth like falling stars. For that moment, it was just the two of them, a collection of internal butterflies, and the wind in their hair.

____

A/N: that's...it

i'm done

*cries silently in corner*

anyways, back to business. thank you so so so so so so so so much to my bestie rachie who is my first official, consistent reader- I LOVE YOU 3000 THANK YOU AGAINNNNNNNNN.

also there will very likely be a sequel to this- either as a direct follow-up or i might just give pete and theo cameos in one of my other to-be-written fics.

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HAS READ, COMMENTED OR VOTED ON THIS FIC!

to be continued...

___