hyuka chapter

- context: ok so BASICALLY, after the dance i wanted a way of eunji admitting out loud she liked jungwon ... sorry hyejin in advance

following the weekend of the dance, the school week started up again and classes were back in session. classrooms were filled and hallways were crowded like before.

"eunji!"

a familiar boy came running down the hallway when he spotted the girl standing by her locker.

hearing the sound of her name, she turned her head. "hey! what's up?"

hueningkai fiddled with his sleeve and nervously gave her a smile. "are you free after school? let's hang out, i have a surprise to tell you."

"no practice for today, so i think i should be free?" she grinned. "i like surprises."

the boy looked to the floor before taking both of her hands and swinging them. "i know you do. so the park today at 3 pm?"

swinging his arms, she nodded her head. "sounds good. but the park? what are we doi-,"

"great!" he quickly cut off her question. "s-see you then!"

hueningkai skipped down the hallway and away from the confused girl, who still was there with her head tilted. but a smile formed on her face.

it'd been awhile since the two have hung out alone since he was always with hyejin. and even though technically hueningkai was older than eunji by a couple years, he was like the younger brother the girl never had.

...

"i know but it just sucks, he broke up with me because he likes someone else and i still like him!"

eunji, jay, and sunghoon, were sat around a table in the library, comforting their heartbroken friend from the eventful weekend.

"well do you know who?" jay asked, rubbing her back. everyone shot him a dude, so soon? look.

but hyejin's tears fogged her eyes, completely ignoring the looks given. "nope, that's the worst part."

hyejin and the boys continued talking as sunghoon caught up eunji on everything she missed at the dance.

"so the slow dance song came on, right? and then the two of them talked and suddenly hyejin was crying and hueningkai ran off."

eunji's mouth dropped, hesitant on her next actions, not wanting to push the girl any further with more questions.

"i was going to dance with him but he sat at the table not having a good time. and when i asked him to dance, he denied it and apologized, t-telling me i wasn't who he wanted to be with," hyejin slowly muttered.

eunji's shoulder was soaked with the girl's tears and she continued explaining. "i was so confused because i thought he was doing okay, he did space out a lot but i thought that was just normal. but then he apologized and ran off in f-front of everyone."

"none of this was your fault, i promise," her best friend reassured. "think of it this way. if he didn't cut it off, he would've strung you along while he liked a different girl this entire time."

hyejin nodded, taking deep breaths. "i understand, i guess i'm g-glad he broke up with me? i don't know, i just want him to be happy. whoever that girl he liked is, she's so lucky."