hyejin's pet crab and jay's pet fish

- a/n: what the hell am i doing

despite being in the same neighborhood, the two of them never crossed paths. crab's friends wouldn't exactly describe her as the most social of their group, often being the one dragged along to parties the birds held. and for the fish, the parties the crab would be dragged at, were his typical scenes.

"crab!" the beta fish yelled out from it's tank. "party at the seahorse's?"

in almost an immediate response, the crab shook her head. "what kind of person do you take me to go to a party and get drunk off my head? personally i would like to think i'm smarter than those lousy teenagers, they're probably not even passing their classes."

"we are not lousy!" the beta fish's friend poked his head in. "i promise you, it'll be fun! you should come climb over tonight."

the beta fish shoved her friend out of the way before quickly mentioning, "by the way, you'll get to see the guy you've been looking for! the seahorse said the shrimp is back today."

wait, he's going to be there?

...

okay, so maybe another party wouldn't be too bad. somehow, just somehow, she found herself climbing over the tank and at the seahorse's front step.

"oh, look who came!" the beta fish opened the door to a surprising, but at the same time, also very much not surprising face. "help yourself with some shells, everyone's in the back."

after not being dragged to one of these parties in a couple of weeks, the blasting music and bright lights came to a rude awakening of where she currently was.

needing a breath of fresh water, she climbed out the back door to a patio, with only a few people. even without anyone talking to her, the silence was comfortable, as the music and other people talking filled the water with noi-

"hey, are you new here?" the fish had a scale jacket, and his hair was surprisingly cleaned up for a party, possibly meaning he hadn't gotten too deep into the crowd yet.

the crab shook her head, quickly explaining that she wasn't new to the community, but new to the whole party scene. in fact, it most definitely was not her scene.

she turned to look back inside the seahorse's place, quickly scoping out the pets inside and laying her eyes on the shrimp, the whole reason she showed up.

except when she saw him, the shrimp was buying another shrimp a drink.

"oh him? yeah, i'm sorry for you ... not the easiest one to have a crush on." the fish put a hand on the crab's shoulder, patting it in comfort.

"me? i don't have a crush on him? wh-,"

the fish chuckled, admiring the red coming out of her shell. "you know, your stares are more obvious than you think."

he quickly added on, "maybe they're in the wrong direction." after a few seconds of the crab clearly not picking up what the fish was putting down, he shyly pointed to himself. "me. i mean, i'm the direction you should be staring at?"

"right!" the crab nervously laughed, finding the way he tried to recover his way through his line cute. she stuck out her hand. "i'm crab by the way."

the fish took her hand and shook it. "and i'm fish. nice to meet you."

"i'm guessing we both don't want to be ... you know ... there," the fish pointed towards the disco lights of the seahorse's house.

the crab laughed before shaking her head for the second time that night. "we should go somewhere else then. what do you think?"

the fish took the crab's hand and squeezed it. "i think that's a great idea."

- a/n: what the hell did i just write