chapter 31. (new)

- context: after the whole confession at the banquet but with jungwon being whipped cause i had a huge writer's block and rewrote the entire second half of the chapter LMFAO

"you kissed him?" hyejin shouted in both shock and excitement, definitely way too loud for the public setting of the café. "like actually this time?"

"what do you mean 'actually'?!" sunoo jumped up from the table as he rapidly gestured with his hands, "girl you mean this isn't the first time?!"

sunoo, hyejin, hueningkai, and jake were all called to an emergency meeting decided by eunji, with the benefit of catching up youngbin again.

"so how did it happen? tell us everything," jake leaned in, trying to make the conversation more seclusive.

youngbin laughed at the thought of practically her little sister getting more action than he does. "please, for my sake, spare us the details."

hueningkai gave youngbin a quick sarcastic smile before pushing the barista's hand back down to the table. "yeah no, that's not going to work. tell us everything everything."

after a few minutes to getting off topic, eunji recalled the entire night to her five intrigued friends.

"at the banquet we had this whole thing going, he held my hand i held his, ... and then at night he confessed he liked me then i confessed and aaaaa," the flustered girl described. her friends were the first people she told in person and the images in her head of that night clearly reflected on her cheeks.

youngbin interrupted the chatter that began after she finished, "so are you and spilled coffee boy dating?"

"no," the younger chuckled, "we're just friends right now." did she want to be more? definitely, but in all fairness, everything was moving so quickly. knowing he likes her back is already enough for eunji.

hyejin snorted at her response, "'just friends' my ass. we'll get there one day."

...

"are you ready to start the assignment?"

jungwon and jay each got assigned a physics lab in class, so of course the first thought in their minds were to work together and cheat.

"what effect does varying mass have upon the terminal velocity value of an object which is falling under the dual influence of gravity and air resistance?" the older read out from the top of his paper.

after some help from the others at their table, the two of them were able to get through the top half of the first page of questions only 10 minutes into their lunch period.

however out of the two boys with the assignment, only one of them was actually focusing. every few minutes, jungwon would look up from his paper and stare at a spot across the cafeteria.

ni-ki and jay caught on after the fifth time, exchanging confused glances. the youngest took one look at his hyung's smile and followed his line of sight before letting out a middle school girl giggle.

confused, jay tilted his head at the laughing boy until he turned and looked across the cafeteria to where jungwon was staring.

"huh?" the smiling boy shook his head before finally snapping out of his trance and facing back to his friends. "what are you guys laughing at?"

"you know you've been sending heart eyes at eunji like ten times this entire period?"

shit. he didn't even realize he was doing it, let alone sending "heart eyes" but it was too late. jungwon covered his face in his hands in hope that no one could see his flustered red cheeks underneath, but it was no use.

sunghoon walked to their table with his lunch and wore the biggest confused face anyone could make as he sat down next to his friends. the ice skater questionably tried pulling off jungwon's hands which quickly failed and only made the embarrassed boy even more red.

"what's up with him?" he pointed at jungwon as he started unpacking his food.

jungwon waved his hand at ni-ki, trying to swat him away from explaining the past few minutes. "we caught him staring at eunji literally all of lunch and now he's embarrassed," the youngest laughed.

"hoon you see this?" jay held up jungwon's paper, "we could've done so much more if it wasn't for lover boy over here."

sunghoon chuckled at the tomato boy before ruffling his hair. "hey, go easy on him. just remember that out of the rest of you guys, he's the only one with an actual love life."