find out she has a crush on him chapter

** continuation of previous chapter

"hi mrs. lee, is hyejin home?"

hyejin's mother opened the door, letting the girl in. eunji arrived to her friend's house with not just one, but two pints of mint chocolate ice cream.

"hello eunji dear! she's going through some stuff you probably know," mrs. lee dramatically gestured, "but she's in her room. her door is unlocked, so let yourself in."

greeting the woman that raised her like her second mother, she nodded in thanks and ran up the stairs, opening the door to hyejin's room.

"guess who's here!" eunji grinned waving her plastic bag around, containing the ice cream.

"eunji! and you brought the mint ice cream!" she happily hugged her.

"had to come through on my word!"

tucking both of themselves under the blankets, the pair ate as they settled on watching the titanic for the millionth time.

...

"eunji? are- are you awake?"

awoken by her name, the girl groggily fluttered her eyes open, barely muttering a response. "yeah?"

hyejin grabbed her ice cream from next to her bed and took a bite. "i don't know what to think. i guess i'm glad that we broke up?"

"really?" she felt a slight weight lifted from her shoulders, a weight of guilt.

"i mean, i did learn a lot about myself. i can't be selfish and hold him back from being with who he wants if it means he won't be happy."

shocked by the sudden spew of positivity, eunji raised her eyebrow.

"oh, no it sucks, don't get me wrong!" the older girl chuckled, "but i'm glad i got my first heartbreak over with.''

"i'm happy for you hye." eunji held her ice cream and clinked it with hyejin's, grinning at their shared cheers.

hyejin giggled at their ice cream cheers and wrapped eunji in a tight hug. "and i couldn't get through it in one piece without my best friend."

pulling apart, the older took her friend's hand and swung it, spotting a new piece of jewelry around her wrist. "cute bracelet by the way!"

eunji froze, immediately looking in any direction except towards her friend. "thanks."

hyejin gestured back to the television as if she was asking if they wanted to go back to watching the movie and eunji quietly nodded. unpausing, the room went back to being quiet, the silence filled by young leonardo dicaprio.

the longer she laid next to her best friend, the more her stomach dropped, as if she was holding her breath.

the guilt she held when she walked in left during their conversation, but as soon as the bracelet was mentioned, it all came flooding back.

without thinking for too long, eunji couldn't hold it in any longer. "hyejin?"

the girl turned and faced her friend with a content smile, "yeah what's up?"