chapter 3

❖❖❖

❖❖❖

BREATHING IN the cold, fresh air around me, I restrained myself from looking like an idiot by closing my eyes, face towards the sky and inhaling the cool, misty air in the middle of a random street in New York.

I make sure to button down the trench coat, not wanting to freeze nor wanting to flash anyone whilst I make my way downtown. Now that I had finished my interview, I couldn't help but think back to those eyes in the elevator.

sue me.

why are you so creepy?

it's just eyes, for god's sake.

but really attracti-

Allowing a soft smile to grace my face as I listened to my inner self battling with one another, I watched the busy morning New York traffic sights ahead of me on the roads.

I think back to the incident-

shit.

my folder.

I mentally screamed at myself for forgetting - I needed that folder which I left behind in yuck's office.

I left every single fucking copy of my resume and my real official documents.

fucking shit.

Sighing in pure exasperation, it's only ten am and i've probably screwed my entire life over and over.

I mentally debated to myself whether I should turn around and make my way back into the office, or continue my way towards the bookstore and drown myself with hot fictional characters so I can pretend I don't exist in this world for a moment.

The second one definitely seemed like the better option.

The stupid voice inside my head urged me to do the first.

So naturally, I did neither.

Thank holy Jesus Christ or Bloody Mary - whichever god decided to throw in a tangled mess of earphones in the pockets, which I have now stuffed in my ears and playing 'better than revenge'.

she's not a saint

and she's not what you think

she's an actress...

woahhhhhh

she's better known

for the things

that she does

on the mattress..

woahhh,

My inner child begins to get unrealistically excited at this part, and I have to contain myself from blurting out the lyrics in public or bite my lip and point drastically at a random person whilst imagining myself as Taylor Swift singing this. (a/n: based on true events. I still remain unashamed.)