chapter 4

❖❖❖

❖❖❖

I SHOULD seriously consider dumping out Allison's entire closet so she never has to give me her stupid clothes again.

I'm already a couple of blocks away from the mall when I realize i've taken a wrong turn, courtesy to my amazing navigation skills and stupid times where i'm completely lost in my own mind, before realizing that i'm actually lost in real life.

Which ironically, is now.

Cue the scary ass Halloween music, because this alleyway definitely deserves it. It seemed like those ones in the movies, or in those scarily realistic paintings that people do. With mist covering half of the sidewalk, the blackened gray pipes protruding from both sides of the building, I looked behind me to see a whirl of fog.

what the fuck?

This was definitely not natural - as far as I knew, New York was supposed to be sunny, not extracting the weather from a goddamn horror movie where someone suddenly appears with a gun and I get ganged up on or something.

not helping.

"Fuck"

I don't even know which side I came from, and the cool air surrounds me, causing goosebumps to erupt under the coat, making me shiver and cringe.

Is this where I meet mafia men or some shit?

I curse my sixteen-year old self for going on wattpad and having that fucking mafia romance plotlines etched into my twenty-year old brain, and damn - forgive me lord but I still read those books now.

they're good, okay?

Starved-touched me wishes that there was a mystery mafia man that would eventually become my future hot italian husband, but I couldn't be picky in these kinds of situations.

husband? inner me scoffs.

you're a fucking mouth virgin.

Great day to remind me.

I suddenly remember I have a phone.

thank you, brain.

I fumble with my pockets, trying to remember which one I put my phone in.

I debated on whether to call Eleonora, but I decided against it. She was probably still shopping in that golden place and too busy with her child - so I tried to call Allison, when I realized there was no signal.

of fucking course.

Out of all the goddamn places I had to end up while too busy lost in my daydream, it had to be here.

I turned around, and started walking forward, hoping that it was the direction I came from. Sue me, I was never good at directions, hence the reason why I completely flunked geography. Who the hell needs to know what longitude and latitude was? To this date, I'm still flustered whenever someone asks me this question - like firstly, why does it matter? Secondly, just make it more obvious, like the one going horizontal should be named something like the word horizontal, and the one going vertically should start with a letter 'v', or something that makes it different. (a/n: i suck at geography.)