The Beginning (1): Amelia

"I'm really a big fan! It's really such an honor to meet you like this!"

A fan shook Amelia's hands excitedly.

"Thank you. It's my pleasure." Amelia replied with a smile, but it didn't contain happy emotions.

She tilted her head as she sneaked a peek on the long line that was in front of her.

*Sigh*

"I really love her books!"

"I know right, this one was my favorite."

"I can't wait til she signs this!"

"Her works are such masterpieces."

A crowded venue, an endless line of people, noisy surroundings, and hot weather.

Amelia wondered how her fans get to endure such hell at this time of the day.

Amelia Spinster.

From the tender age of ten, she discovered the world of romance and gore, added with a twist of tragedy. She was addicted in reading romance books and loved the presence of angst.

When she was twelve, she decided to write her very own story. Reading wasn't enough for her anymore so she decided to create worlds through her imagination.

At first, she wrote her ideas on notebooks. But as time passed by, she realized that writing in real paper became tiring day by day and so she upgraded in writing through a smartphone by urging her parents to buy her one.

And so when she was all set, she finally let her imagination run wild.

"Yes, this is it. THIS IS IT! I'm gonna end this by killing the female lead through hanging her then her family would go crazy and the male lead would go crazy as well and the readers would go crazier!! HAHA!!"

Amelia never liked the normal romance cliché where everyone and everything gets a happy ending.

Blissful marriage? A life where the main leads get to have lots of babies? Happy endings?

Those are a no-no to her vocabulary.

You see, Amelia is a bit of sadist.

She likes it when a tragic event takes place. She loves it when her main characters die. She loves angst. She loves making her readers suffer a lot through her stories.

She stopped going to school and made writing her top priority and focus.

Seven years passed and after tons of fatigue and failure, Amelia finally published her very own hard copy book through a well-known company and she slowly rose up to the top since then.

Every year, millions of tragic and bloody books were produced and millions of tears were shed from her readers.

When she reached the age of twenty-four, she acquired the title "Queen of Tragedy" among famous novelists.

'This is the last one.'

"Oh my gosh it's my dream to see you personally! I'm so exhilarated to meet you author!" A fan exclaimed as Amelia signed her book.