World 1: Love, Pain, and Death (11-12)

<><>Chapter 11<><>

"Wahhhh. I'm so sorry, my lady."

"Stop crying please." Amelia sighed.

Thyme was currently covering Amelia's neck with a bandage. The red fingerprints that were marked on her neck turned into a dark violet bruise.

Earlier, Nathan took care of the body. And now, Amelia was in the living room of the mansion, being treated.

Amelia looked at Caesar, who was sitting beside her.

Ever since the incident earlier, he kept crying silently.

"You too. Please stop crying." Amelia patted his back.

Caesar rubbed his eyes. He couldn't forget the scene he saw earlier. It was like it won't disappear from his mind.

Amelia couldn't forget it either.

She almost died back there. If she were to die at that moment, she would suffer from that burning fire eternally and she doesn't want it.

[Great job, host. You survived.]

'I barely survived-! Right, there's something I want to ask.'

[Do say, host.]

'What if Caesar suddenly wishes for something from me that exceeds my time span? Example, he wishes me to be his friend forever. How can I grant that wish?'

[No matter what he wishes for, the host needs to grant it to complete the task.]

'...Like, how?'

[The host needs to make sure that the target's wishes won't exceed the time host's time span. Or else it will be as defiance to the main system's rules.]

'Crap. So I need to watch out for his wishes?'

[Yes.]

'Oh no.'

"It's finally done. Please rest for a bit, my lady. I'll bring you some refreshments." Thyme stood up.

"Okay."

Now, it was only Caesar and Amelia in the area.

The other servants were busy cleaning the garden, some places in the mansion, and doing their assigned works.

"Charlotte." Caesar mumbled.

"Hm? What is it?" She faced him.

Another set of tears fell from his eyes as he recalled the events from earlier.

Amelia can't help but wipe his big tears. "What's wrong?"

"I- I wish to become strong. I want to be strong so I can protect you. I'm sorry for being useless." He continued to sob.

That moment when he saw Amelia being strangled and all while he just stood there, all frozen up and scared... He knew that he was too weak.

He couldn't do anything except watch as that knight hurt her.

He thought that he was useless.

He couldn't even think and be concerned for that knight whose arm got cut off because he was too focused on Amelia.

Seeing that chopped arm... he didn't feel anything. In fact, he thought that the knight deserved it for strangling Amelia.

Somewhere deep inside his mind... He actually wanted to kill that knight.

'His second wish! Aahhh!!! I need to grant it before be changes his mind-' Amelia was freaking out.

"Alright, shhh. Please stop crying." Amelia consoled him as she patted his back.