World 1: Love, Pain, and Death (9-10)

<><>Chapter 9<><>

A day later, Caesar was finally feeling well. He could now stand up without staggering and he was eating well.

He was currently in Amelia's greenhouse, staring mesmerically at the gold and diamond gems buried in the water.

'So shiny...'

"Caesar!"

Amelia called out to him as she ran while holding a Hibiscus flower.

"Charlotte!" His face brightened as soon as he saw her.

[Favor: 21%]

[He seems well.] Sundae uttered, satisfied that the favor bar rose a point.

'Sundae? You're still there? I thought you only appear once a week.'

[The main system told me to keep an eye on the host to make sure you're not slacking.]

'....'

"Hah, hah." Amelia panted. "I brought this for you." She said, grinning a bit as she showed off the flower.

"Where did you get that?" Caesar wondered where she came from since she was barely out of breath from running.

"Outside the gates. Caesar, could you lean down for a bit?"

Caesar was a bit taller than her. Without questioning her, Caesar leaned down a bit like she said.

Amelia then tucked the Hibiscus flower behind his right ear and he looked pretty. Just like a flower boy.

"There. Now you look gullible." She chuckled.

The pink Hibiscus matched well with Caesar's golden blonde hair and smooth features.

'Aahhhh he's so cute. I can't believe I hurt this male lead in my book.'

[It's because the host is a sadist.]

Amelia couldn't refute to Sundae's words. She felt darted and accused at the same time.

"Gullible?" Caesar raised a question.

"Ah, no. I meant you look pretty." Amelia casually complimented him.

"Re-Really?"

"Really! 100- no, 1000 percent! Caesar is the cutest boy I've ever met." She folded her arms, feeling like a proud sister.

"...."

[Favor: 25%]

[Trust: 20%]

'Oh my gosh, Sundae! It had a big leap!'

[The bars seem to be broken.]

'It's not!'

Amelia was glad that the bars were rising consistently. Complimenting the male lead, giving him flowers, and being his friend seemed to be really effective. With that, she can finish her mission in no time.

[How about the host perform the sub-task as well?]

'Ah! The execution of five wishes?'

Amelia remembered that she only had one sub-tasks left since she already finished the other one.

[Yes.]

'Okay.'

Amelia held Caesar's hand.

"Ch-Charlotte?" Caesar blushed as he felt her warm hands holding his hands.

"Caesar, I'm really glad that you're my friend. And as a celebration for that, I'm going to give you five wishes!"

"Wishes..?"