Chapter 3: The Village

Bito POV

As we walked back to the village with the stra-Eragon, I mean, I was curious about him. I mean, how did I not know what he was saying but understood what he meant. Fricai onr eka eddyr, eka weohnata néiat haina ono. When he said that, I felt at ease, like my mind and body knew he wasn't going to hurt us. AND THAT DRAGON, WHY IS THERE A MOTHER-oh that isn't kid friendly, uh WHY WAS THERE A DRAGON THERE?!?! And with him, especially. Aren't they unintelligent and just cause destruction wherever they go, yet that Eragon guy was worried and even scared that it was injured.

"Weohnata vae waíse thar soon?," Eragon asked patiently in front of me. Will we be there soon? Again, I somehow knew what that meant in my head. I can tell Mura-nii is also confused since he scrunched his eyebrows for a second before going back to his usual stoic 'visage', as he calls it.

"Uh, we'll be there soon." My baffled brother replied. "How the hell does he know what I'm saying?" he muttered to himself afterwards, putting his right hand on his chin and scrunching his eyebrows. I ran up to him while he was thinking to himself and put a hand on his shoulder. Apparently he was so deep in thought that when I touched him, he jumped like 50 feet into the air and took one of the most funniest fighting stances I've ever seen. His eyes were wide like a fish and his hands were blocking his face. His knees were so bent, he was bending backwards and almost fell on his back.

"AH, LUMINOUS-SAMA. WHAT THE HELL, BITO," he yelled out in pure fright. "Are you TRYING to give me a heart attack?!"

"Sorry, Mura-nii," I apologized while trying to not die from laughter, "It's not my fault that you're this easy to scare. Gaping fish." And it was at this moment I keeled over and cackled like a maniac.

My older brother just facepalmed and shook his head. "Why you gotta be such an immature kid, honestly," was all he said in a tired, quiet voice. When I finally stopped laughing after a couple minutes, I saw that Eragon also seemed amused by our antics. He had cracked a small smile with a sort of lonely look in his eyes.

"Eru vae going eom continue or...?" He asked us. Are we going to continue or...? How he does that, is what I want to know.

"Uh, we're going to be there soon," I told him. "Don't worry."

"Okay," was all he said. Our language is really similar, I thought. Maybe, wherever he comes from, shares its roots here.

The next 10 minutes, we walked in silence before we finally saw our village.

"Hey Eragon, we're here," I then put my hands out from my body. "Welcome to Rexium!"

Eragon POV

As we silently walked towards the village, I was deep in thought. Where are we? Not anywhere near Alagaësia, which I had previously crossed off. What was that voice and those skills it mentioned? Not sure so I would have to ask about that when I arrive at the village. As I was thinking, Bito suddenly stopped and put his hands out from his body, then faced me and said, "Hey Eragon, we're here. Welcome to Rexium!" His village-Rexium, as he put it-was much like Carvahall in terms of size. The houses were slightly elevated off the ground, mostly being made out of wood. The roofs were steep, some being covered in wood whilst others were tiled. (A.N. Imagine a mixture of Norse and Japanese architecture). The biggest buildings were large enough to house small boats.

As we walked into the village, villagers started to stream out of their houses to watch us. I saw children, men, women, and the elderly with their walking sticks observing us with curiosity in their eyes, and for some reason, their souls. How do I know what they are exactly feeling with this much confidence? Perhaps the village elder would know, anyone I hope.