Chapter 5: The Dragon Wakes

{blah} Ciel talking.
(blah) Voice of The World talking
[Blah: Blah] Skill being used or described

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saphira P.O.V.

While I was peacefully sleeping, I felt little-one send so many emotions and thoughts over our mental link that it jolted me awake.

(Notice: Individuals Saphira Brightscales and Eragon Shadeslayer have now entered the administrative zone. Due to formerly not being in the administrative zone, individual Saphira has not gained any skills so current capabilities are now being assessed for skills. Due to being a member of the Greater Dragon race, individual Saphira was born with [Intrinsic Skill: Dragon Lord's Legacy]. Individual Saphira has not gained any skills prior to exiting Dead Zone: Alagaësia so she shall now be analyzed for any possible skills. Analyzing complete, individual Saphira has gained [Extra Skill: Rider's Bond], [Extra Skill: Wind Manipulation], [Extra Skill: Soul Seer], [Common Skill: Thought Communication], [Resistances: Physical Attack Resistance], [Resistances: Flame Attack Resistance], and [Resistances: Mental Attack Resistance].)

After my momentary confusion, and that strange voice, I spread my wings out and bared my fangs. After a couple seconds of growling to scare any attackers away, I saw that it was little-one in front of me and a frightened two-legs behind him so I relaxed.

Eragon, are you all right? I asked, the worry evident in my voice.

Yes, Saphira, I am okay. Are you okay, though?

My wings are quite sore from the storm but otherwise, I am in good condition. Where are we though?

From what I have gathered, we are on a continent on the other side of the world called the Magic Continent. I'll show you what I know. Little-one then shared his memories from the moment he woke up to me.

For a moment I looked through the memories. So that's what that "voice" and those "skills" it was talking about are.

Yes, basically. He then asked, do you want to check what skills you have?

Of course I do, although since a villager might stumble upon me here, let us go to that shack that Wulf-two-legs is lending us.

Then we go. After little-one caught me up with his experiences here so far, he looked at the two-legs and asked him to show us there. He took a couple deep breaths, perhaps to get his mentality in the right space, and started walking in a direction along the coastline that takes us farther from the village.

After a couple minutes, we finally got to the beach shack I saw in little-ones memories. Like he saw it, it was run-down with a large hole in one wall and the roof was caving into it by a bit.

This...is where you're nesting for now?

Yes, are there any problems? Little-one asked back.

This just seems quite hostile to live in. You would probably die from an illness the moment you fall asleep. To prove my point, I inspected the rotted-through wall with my claw, which just collapsed when I touched it.

Saphira, he started, hesitating when the wall collapsed, then continued, we can still repair it and clean it up.

Wounds don't heal just because you lick them, I told him philosophically and raised my head in superiority.

"You are not the one sleeping in it," little-one grumbled angrily before talking to me again. Well still, can you help us clean it then, oh mighty-dragon?