Chapter 4: The Worried Svit-Kona

I'm going to be introducing a character from the Inheritance Cycle, so if you don't want to be spoiled I recommend that you go spend a week or two reading it, I won't blame. Arya is the queen of the Elves, who live in Du Weldenvarden, a giant forest and the home of the Elves. She is a dragon rider, her dragon's name being Fírnen. Fírnen is a male dragon who's scales are green like an emerald. She and Eragon also are in love with each other. Fírnen and Saphira were mates before she left with Eragon, so Saphira has the possibility to lay eggs in the future. They keep in contact with each other with an enchanted mirror, which I mentioned in chapter 1. Anyways, now onto the chapter.

{blah} Ciel talking.
(blah) Voice of The World talking
[Blah: Blah] Skill being used

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arya POV

As I was dealing with the work needed to be done, I was feeling worried. Eragon had not contacted me using the scrying mirror for more than a week. Usually, he would contact me at the end of the week and we would tell each other of the past week's happenings. However, he hasn't contacted me at all, despite being two days late. As I was lost in my thoughts, Fírnen had walked into the room without me noticing. I only noticed him when he spoke to me in my mind.

Arya, I am worried as well but we should not let it affect us or our work, which instead of comforting me, made me jump a couple feet into the air. Fírnen's only response was a loud snort in amusement.

Fírnen! How did you even manage to scare me like that?

When one is in such deep thought as you, even a dragon as large as Belgabad could sneak up on you, quipped the emerald dragon.

How amusing...anyways what...what should I do?

I'm worried as well, Arya. I think we should try to contact those two tonight and see if they are alright.

Yes, let us do that. The next 6 hours went by painstakingly slow before the sun had fully set and I had retired to my chambers. After I had changed into my nightwear (a loose fitting shirt and trousers), I called Fírnen before going to my desk. I pulled out the scrying mirror and uttered the words needed to show me what is currently occurring on the other side.

Let us hope he is okay, I thought to Fírnen.

Let us hope indeed.

5 Hours Ago

Eragon POV

As I dove into myself, it felt like I was swimming in black water for many minutes on end before I knew what my skills were. It was like I was remembering something I had forgotten after a long time of trying to memorize it, which is quite satisfying.

When I opened my eyes, Welf looked at me and asked, "So do you know your skills now?"

"Yes, eka now kenna them," I replied and raised my right eyebrow. "Weohnataí ono like wiol edtha eom tell ono?" Yes, I now know them. Would you like for me to tell you?

He just chuckled lightly before saying, "No, those are your skills and besides, if no one knows your skills you'll have a higher advantage in battle."

"Eka suppose sem er logical, " I murmured to myself before raising my voice a little bit. "Elrun ono, Welf, wiol helping edtha." I suppose that is logical. Thank you, Welf, for helping me.

"No need to thank me, it's just common courtesy to help someone," he told me while laughing. "I'm not sure how you don't know about the Voice of The World or skills but it's not my duty to ask that. Just don't be suspicious or commit any crime and you'll be fine."