Eleven

Mary's Point of View
I'm about to start getting ready for my birthday ball, my birthday has been good so far, all my extended family is here visiting. But I can't stop thinking lol about Francis. I haven't seen him for two days. All my Father will tell me is there is a land dispute between England and France, so he and Henry had to ride to England to deal with it. But when I ask him if there is anything I can do he tells me "Mary you can't be seen to be taking sides" I've miss Francis a lot. I practically spend my entire day with him. I'm not even this happy when I'm with Kenna and Greer. I walked into my rooms and saw several boxes on my bed. I picked up the note on top of the box. 'Mary, I got you something to wear tonight. I hope you like it. I'm very sorry I couldn't be there today, I'm doing everything I can to be there by the ball tonight. -Francis' I opened up the largest box and there was a dark purple dress with matching heals. In the next box there was a diamond necklace, earrings, bracelet, and a ring. Oh my God. This must have cost a fortune. I opened up the last box revealing a tiara. Don't get me wrong I very much like getting spoiled, but this is too much. I put everything on as he requested then did my hair and make up. As I made my way to the ball room all I could think about is if he would be here. My Father was waiting outside the ballroom for me. "Look at my daughter, the most beautiful girl in the world." He smiled "Thank you." I kissed his cheek. "I'm so proud of you. Happy Birthday Mary." He hugged me and kissed the top of my forehead. "Do you think Francis will be here in time?" I asked "Yes I think your little lover boy will be here in time." He laughed "What? Why would you say that?" I felt my face get all red. "I don't know why would I?" He laughed, he walked inside the ballroom. Does he know? I followed behind him to the head table, Francis was not there. I sat between Conde and an empty seat. "Are you having a good birthday so far?" He asked "Yes. I got the flowers you sent me, thank you." I said "Of course." He said. The doors burst open and a very disheveled looking Francis came through. He still looks handsome. He smiled as he came over to me. "I like your outfit, whoever put that together must have exquisite taste." He smiled as he sat down next to me. "You made it." I smiled "Are you kidding? I wouldn't miss this for the world. Even if I had to ride all through the day and night." He said "Yes well you certainly smell like it." I smiled "I was in a rush," He put his hand on my thigh. "I promise I'll bathe before my visit to you tonight." He smiled "Good." I smiled "Francis" My Father said, I don't think anyone has ever moved faster than Francis moving his hand off my thigh. "How was your visit to England?" He asked "Oh it was very beautiful, but contained very unpleasant people." Francis laughed.
Later That Night
I sat in my robe in front of my mirror brushing my hair. All I wanted for my birthday was to spend time with Francis alone. And now I'm getting that. There was a knock at the door, I jumped up and opened it up. "Hi." He came in shutting the door behind him, as soon as it was shut he pressed me against the door and kissed me. "I've been waiting to do that all day." He smiled "Yes well I'm glad you waited until you were more pleasant smelling to do it." I smiled. "Shut up." He laughed "It's my birthday, you have to be nice." I smiled looking at his lips. "Oh I'm very nice." He said picking me up "How am I not nice?" He whispered in my ear. "You left me all alone on my birthday, I was almost going to invite Conde in here tonight." I smiled "Oh you think you're so funny." He started kissing my neck "Yes I'm very funny." I said as he carried me over to the bed. He sat down so I was on his lap, he put his hand under my dress and slowly moved his hand to my breast. I didn't expect it to feel as good as it did. I love kissing him. "Francis?" I pulled away "Yes?" He asked, his hand still cupping my breast. "What do you think it would be like if we got married?" I asked "What do you mean?" He asked moving his hand down to my waist. "Like do you think we would be happy?" I asked "Of course we would. I like to think about us moving to France and starting a family, and being so in love the rest of our lives." He kissed my cheek. "I like to think about that too." I said. He laid me back on the bed and stood up. "Now as much as I love those lips of yours, i'm quite exhausted." He said taking his shoes off. "I do think it was quiet romantic you rode all the way back to see me." I smiled at him while he blew out the candles and put more wood in the fire. "You know what I was thinking of the whole time?" He said getting in bed next to me. "What?" I asked laying my head on his chest. "Being in bed with you just like this." He held me tightly and kissed my forehead.