Twenty-One

Francis' Point of View
I could not be happier right now. A nice breeze is flowing through my room, the sun is shining, and a very naked Mary is laying on top of me. What is there to be sad about? "Mary?" I ran my hands through her hair. "Mhmm what? I'm trying to sleep." She moved off of my chest and laid her head on the pillow, my arm was still around her. "I'm very sorry to tell you but it's nearly time for breakfast." I kissed her shoulder. "Ugh no, can we just stay here?" She pouted. "Marry me right now and we can." I said "So when we are wed you are going to have some servant tell my Father that his daughter will not be attending breakfast because she is in bed with her new husband?" She smiled "No I will make up some other excuse." I smiled getting on top of her. "Like what?" She giggled "That's for me to worry about, and for you to just lay back and enjoy." I began kissing her neck, she suddenly gasped pushed me off her. "Oh my God I have to go!" She got off the bed. "What the hell? What's going on?" I asked "I'm so late I was supposed to meet Isla for tea this morning, I completely forgot. This was really important to my Father I have to go." She said putting her nightgown on. "It'll be okay, I'm sure as long as you get there it'll be fine. Isla doesn't seem like the type to go running to your Father because you were a little late." I said "I know but I just need to go," She said coming over to me. "I'm sorry I have to go." She kissed me. "You don't have to be sorry if you don't leave." I pulled down her night gown and massaged her breast. "No no I have to go." She moved away. "Boo no fun." I smiled, she came over and kissed me deeply. "Bye, I love you." She giggled as she left. "I love you too." I said. I got ready and went for a ride before making my way to breakfast. I made my way to the banquet hall. "Francis!" Charlotte ran to me. "Good Morning Char." I picked her up "Where is Mary?" She asked "Mhmm here I thought you wanted to talk to me." I smiled "I do, but Mary said we could go see the swans down by the lake." She said "And you didn't invite me?" I asked "No it's girl time." She said "That's not nice." I laughed "We are also practicing for when I'm a flower girl at your wedding." She played with the strings on my shirt "You're going to be our flower girl? No one informed me about that." I said "Yes I am, and Mary said she would take me with her when she gets her wedding dress made so I can have a pretty dress made as well." She said "And am I allowed to come on this trip down to the lake as well?" I swung her around "No it's only for girls." She giggled as we walked into breakfast "Mary did you hear that? Charlotte says your trip is only for girls." I smiled "It is!" Charlotte giggled as I placed her in her chair. "Charlotte! We did not say there was no boys allowed." Mary laughed "See so I am allowed to go." I said "Mhmm no we did not say that either." Mary smiled "That is not very kind." I teased, holding her hand. "How did tea go?" I asked "It was good, she's really sweet." She said "What is it?" I asked "She knows, she knows about us and our... private life." She whispered "You told her?" I asked "Yes, but you have to forgive me because it was right after Conde told me about everything I was so upset. She was the only one there, and I'm sure she won't tell my Father. I don't think so at least." She said "It's fine, she knows what telling him would mean." I said bouncing my leg up and down. "Yes of course. You're not scared are you?" She asked "I'm just scared you may lose your reputation." I said "And not of what my Father will do to you if he finds out?" She laughed "No not of that at all actually." I laughed "If he didn't like you we wouldn't be getting married." She said "I don't think he necessarily likes me I think he thinks I'm the best option he's going to find for you." I said "Well I don't know about my dad but I like you." She smiled "Oh yeah? You know what I like you too." I laughed "Awh how sweet." She joked "So have you two decided where you are going on your wedding tour?" James asked "Um uh, I think we're going to go to France." I said. I always get so nervous around him, I can't even think straight or speak right. "We are already in France." James said "He means that he wants to take me to different parts of France, like the sea. Right, Francis?" Mary asked squeezing my hand under the table. "Yes, we would spend summers down at the shore when I was younger so I would like to show Mary. I'd be happy to take Mary anywhere she wants to go." I said "That should be a good time." He said. I do not think I will ever see this sweet and sensitive part of James that Mary talks about.