Twenty-Five

Francis' Point of View
We set off for our journey to Paris yesterday, we should be arriving by dinner. And tomorrow afternoon Mary and I will be wed. I thought I would be nervous or scared but I'm not in the slightest. I can not wait to call her my wife, I feel like the luckiest man in the world. "Earth to Francis" Mary said squeezing my hand, I snapped out of it. "I'm sorry, what did you say?" I asked "Nothing important, space out much?" She smiled "Hey i've got a lot on my mind, i'm bound to space out a little." I laughed "What's on your mind? Nerves?" She asked "No, no not nerves." I put my finger under her chin and pulled her into a kiss. "Are you feeling nerves?" I asked "No, of course not." She kissed me. "I can't wait to be out of this carriage." I yawned and stretched "Go ask one of the guards to switch places with you." She moved the curtain revealing the pouring rain outside. "I'm sure any of them would be very eager to swap with you to get out of the rain and spend time with the soon to be Dauphine." She smiled "Hmm no I am very content here with my Dauphine." I moved her hair and began kissing her neck. "I hope it doesn't rain for the wedding." She said "Mary, arguably the most attractive man on earth right now is kissing your neck and you are focused on the weather?" I laughed "The most attractive man on earth?" She laughed "You have just the stereo typical ego of a prince" She ran her hands through my hair. "Well I am about to marry you, who is unarguably the most beautiful woman to ever live, so that inflated my ego just a bit." I smiled "Oh I love you Francis Valois." She smiled "I love you too." I kissed her "But i'll love you more if you let me see your wedding dress tonight." I said "Mhm I'm sorry my love but I just can't do that. Besides you have waited this whole time you can wait one more day." She said "You know i've never been known as a patient man." I said "Well we all have to learn at one time or another." She laughed, I pressed my lips to hers again. "What was that for?" She blushed "I just can't wait to call you my wife." I said "We've been waiting long enough, I just want us to start our life together." She said "I want to start making babies." I started kissing her neck. "Francis I think you prefer the act of making babies rather than the outcome of a baby." She laughed "That is true, but in a year or so once we get settled into our home I would very much like a baby." I said "Oh and who is going to get the baby at night when it is screaming? Because the Francis I know can barley get out of bed to take himself to the bathroom." She asked "You." I laughed "Really? Every single time?" She asked "Mary you are the mother, it's your job." I said, I could see her starting angry. "Mary I am joking, the maids can get it if you're tired." I teased "Francis you are the worst." She hit my shoulder. "Mary you know i'm just kidding, I would be happy to get up every night and rock the baby back to sleep." I said then kissed her forehead "Were you a chubby baby like you were a chubby child?" She laughed "I was not chubby, I was building muscle mass." I said "Really? When you were 9?" She giggled "Yes, I wouldn't look like this now if I hadn't started early." I smiled "That has to be the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard." She laughed, the carriage stopped. Mary moved the curtain revealing the castle we are staying in these next few days. "I am ready to take a nap before dinner, traveling exhausts me." She yawned "Mary you napped in my arms for two hours this morning." I said "That's because we left so early, the sun was barley up." She took her place laying on my chest once again. "Oh Mary, my pampered princess." I laughed, we both heard the trumpets start playing so she sat up. I got out first then held my hand out for Mary could get out. "Do you mind if I join you for that nap?" I whispered in her ear "No, do you know how many people are here for the wedding? Every single room is full there is no way we wouldn't get caught. Oh and my Father has had my guards tripled! He said he wants to make sure nothing bad happens." She said "I'll find a way." I said "Francis no, all we have to do is spend one last night apart then we can spend every night together for the rest of our lives. I'm not risking someone finding us in bed and risking our union the day before our wedding." She said "Okay okay fine, we will spend the night apart." I said, she reached up and kissed my cheek. I watched as more and more royals arrived. "Were you interested in any other prince before me?" I asked "I mean no not really, why?" She replied "I don't know, I wouldn't want one of your ex lovers at our wedding." I joked "Francis you do realize Olivia is attending our wedding, right?" She gave me a dirty look. "Yes I do, bad joke, sorry." I said, James began to walk over. "How was the carriage ride? Did Mary fall asleep?" He smiled at her "Yes she did, and she declared she needed another nap when we got here." I laughed "Francis you will learn that no matter if the carriage ride is 5 minutes or 5 hours Mary will fall asleep. She will fall asleep anywhere really, when she was a young girl she would fall asleep at jousts and feasts." He joked "I was a child, children sleep a lot!" She defended herself. "We should get inside, it looks like it's going to rain again." James said, he extended his hand to Mary and I walked behind them. "I hope it doesn't rain for the wedding tomorrow." He said "That is what I was telling Francis, that would be very unfortunate." She said, they are so alike. "Dad I need a few moments alone with Francis. I'll see you at dinner tonight." She kissed his cheek. "What do we need a few moments alone for?" I asked "I just want to be with you for a second before everything is all crazy for the next few days." She said "Come on i'll walk you to your room." I smiled and held her hand. "I can't wait to be alone with you at the sea." She kissed my jaw. "It'll be our very own paradise my love." I smiled opening her room door. "I love you, I'll see you tonight." She kissed me "I love you too Mary." I kissed her again then made my way down the hall.