Chapter 19

Sanctuary city Labs

Jack limped to Boss's office, grasping his wounded arm to limit the blood flow. That mangy little monster kid had the nerve to hurt him! Majority of the time, the monsters he hunted gave up by just seeing him. This hadn't happened before.

He temporarily removed his gloved hand, now covered in sanguine blood, and opened the doorknob to Boss's office, not caring if he got it dirty. He needed medical attention soon, if he were to stop the bleeding.

He twisted the doorknob and entered the dimly lit room. A shaky faun stood near His desk, visibly scared. Jack nodded to him, and the faun tried to swallow his fear, but failed. Jack targeted his attention toward the minotaur seated behind the desk, his hands in a triangular shape.

"Jack. You failed, didn't you?"

He stammered. "I- I tried, Boss. But the spidery one hurt me bad."

"And you're running because you got a scratch?"

He removed his hand from the wound, revealing the half-inch deep cuts in his shoulder. The Boss remained emotionless, but regarded the gash.

"So it's worse than a scratch. I'll send you to the infirmary for further treatment. They won't let you in, since you're human, but tell them you have special permission.

"Yes, sir."

"Once you're healed, I want you to try again. Tanner must be brought back. You have no idea how important he is."

Jack's eyes widened beneath his mask, but he kept his voice neutral

"What do you mean, important, sir?"

"That is none of your concern. Your priority is Tanner, and Tanner only."

"Yes, sir."

Jack glanced at the shaky faun near the desk, and felt a bit pitiful for him. But, his warrior mind took over a few seconds later, and he returned his focus to one thing. Tanner.

He strode out of the office, clutching his arm to quench the blood, and made his way to the infirmary.

A short but necessary chapter :)