3

Mark’s POV

“SHIT!” my capturor screamed. I cowered, fearing for my life. Whenever he’s angry, it’s met with me strapped up covered in bruises and cuts. I heard him throw something, thankful it wasn’t me. 

“Trevor?!? Why would you do that?!? I don’t care! What about me?!? FUCK YOU!!” He screamed. Who’s Trevor? What happened? I sat there trying to piece what’s happening. Suddenly he barged into the room. 

“GET UP!” He told me. I followed his order and got up, wincing when the cuts on my leg hurt. 

“W-where are we going?” I asked with a shaky voice. 

“It seems that the man who kidnapped you sold me out. We gotta leave before the police come.” I got a little hope. Hopefully they can come find me because being alone is really starting to take a toll on my mental health. 

We exited the room that I’d been in for months, only getting out twice or so. The house was relatively clean. Made me wonder, this guy’s house looks normal but had a person kidnapped in their basements. Who knows what other secrets other people have but don’t tell anyone. 

“Hurry up! We need to leave now!” He screamed at me. I was trying to stall to hope that the police would come any moment. I don’t pray, but God! Please give me a blessing right now. That’s all I ask for. 

“Once we leave, I’ll have to kill you so no one find you-“ He was cut off by the sound of the window and doors breaking on every side of the house. I had to cover my ears from the loud noise. 

“PUT YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR!!” An authoritative voice screamed. I quickly ran away in a different direction to avoid everything. I found a bathroom and hid in it. 

From the outside, I heard the constant banging of furniture. I assumed that my kidnapper was trying to fight back. I don’t remember how many men I saw. It must’ve been about 6. I ran and hid because I don’t actually know if these men are here to rescue or kidnap me. So I curled up on the bathroom floor and sobbed silently. I was there for a few minutes, but it felt like hours. 

I heard a knock on the bathroom door. 

I backed away from the door, worried that the man was back to take me and do something to me. I hyperventilated until a voice spoke on the other side. 

“Mark? Are you in there? It’s okay. You can come out. We’re here to save you.” A male’s voice spoke from the other side of the wooden plank that separated us. The voice was soothing for me. I felt safe and felt attracted to it. My mind is trying to find comfort and peace in that voice. 

I hesitated to open the door. I reached for the door knob. I was thankful that the man on the other side didn’t rush me and let me take my time. 

“It’s okay Mark. I’ll never hurt you.” I swelled at that statement. I opened the door instantly and saw a man standing in front of me. His black hair, green eyes that pierced through my soul. His tanned skin. His muscular body bulged through his white shirt. I made eye contact with him and he gave me one of the most beautiful smiles I’ve ever seen. 

“Hey. It’s okay Mark. He’s not gonna hurt you anymore.” I sobbed uncontrollably and hugged him. I sobbed in his shoulder, wetting it. He hushed me softly and rubbed my back. 

“Finnick, did you find him?” Another voice said. I jumped back, scared at the presence of another person. My rescuer looked at the other man, who looked Asian, and the other man walked away. 

“I’m sorry about him. Come with me Mark. We’ll take you to the precinct for questioning. Are you okay with that?” He asked me, still crouched in front of me as I sat on the floor crying.