4

Finnick’s POV

I didn’t realize Mark had fallen asleep right next to me. It wasn’t until I heard remitting breathing and looked at his face to see he had gone to sleep. He looked so innocent when he was asleep. Like the world would be all perfect when he woke up. But after what he went through, I found it hard to believe how someone can just go to sleep. I didn’t know much about his past, just that he ran away from home. I admired his beauty. His smooth white skin, his brown hair that fell onto his face. And his lips. Those sweet plump lips. He started moving rapidly.

“No! Please! I didn’t do anything wrong!” He mumbled in his sleep. Out of instinct, I grabbed his hands and brought him closer to me. He stopped moving and I heard his breathing soften again. In his sleep, he hugged me and cuddled up next to me. I felt my mini-self start to get excited down there.

The movie at this point had ended. I chose to watch Call Me By Your Name. I’ve always liked this movie. Right now is the scene where Elio is crouched in front of the fireplace crying. This scene always broke my heart. The fact that the man he loved is with someone else and Elio can’t do anything about it. He cries for his lost loved while the world behind him moves on, not caring about the heartbreak he’s feeling.

Eventually sleep took over me and I felt my eyes grow heavy. Usually I don’t sleep easily but being with Mark, my brain was able to relax. I turned off the TV and adjusted myself. I pulled Mark off me slowly so as to not wake him. I turned and faced him properly. He got closer and hugged me again, his face settling onto my chest. His breath warmed my pecs.

I smiled, happily for the first time in a long time. And I went to sleep.

My phone alarm rang which jolted me awake. Mark mumbled and squirmed in his sleep. I patted him on the back like a baby to get him to sleep again.

It was around 7:00 am. Work starts in an hour so I had to leave. I got off the bed carefully and put my shoes on. I looked at the sleeping angel. He was hugging a pillow and snored lightly into it. I watched him sleep for about a minute. I went and grabbed a piece of paper and a pen and wrote him a note. Then left him some money. We couldn’t find his wallet at the crime scene and I think he doesn’t have any money. So I pulled out a few hundred to get him to buy some food and a few clothes.

He had lost a good amount of weight. His picture had him looking fuller. He was still lean but had some weight on him. Now he looks too skinny. Not that there’s anything wrong with being skinny. But he’s medically unfit and in danger. I’ll need to take him to a therapist soon.

I exited the small apartment before taking a quick glance at him.

I left and entered my car. I was surprised that it hadn’t been broken into or damaged. I got in and drove home. 

I entered my lonely house again. It felt off. Then I came to the conclusion it was because I had spent the night with Mark. He made me feel like I was home. This huge area feels empty. But Mark made me feel full. I took a quick shower and got dressed. I skipped breakfast because the precinct always has food prepared.

I entered the precinct and gave a hello to Pam.

“Where were you last night? I went to your house to talk but you didn’t answer.” She said, following me to the break room.

“Oh, I wasn’t home.” I grabbed the pot of coffee and poured myself a cup. Then I grabbed a maple bar doughnut and sat on one of the seats.

“So where were you then?” She took the seat in front of me. I didn’t know if I should tell her. There isn’t a policy that says you can’t be with victims. But I’m pretty sure it is frowned upon.