Love Is Gone

Summary: You and Ellie get into a fight and ends in you leaving... things turn bad.

TW: death, angst, swearing

Unedited.

-

Ellie paced back and forth, hands on her head, tears of frustration threatening to spill.

"Are you fucking kidding me, y/n?" Ellie raised her voice. Y/n scoffed, crossing her arms and turning away.

"This isn't fair, Ellie. You know that."

"Fuck off. I want to be alone. Alone!" Ellie didn't mean to yell, but she was so frustrated.

Now, y/n turned towards her, a single tear peaking at the corner of her eye. "I didn't do anything wrong. I just wanted to help. And you went off on me."

"I've told you countless times that I don't need you! I can handle myself. You aren't my damn babysitter for lords sake. You're too stubborn and can't respect peoples wishes."

Ellie's words stung, making y/n flinch at the venom spit. She wouldn't admit it, but that hurt. A lot.

"If you learn to use your fucking words and talk to me, maybe-"

"No, y/n. Just... go."

Now, y/n was confused. Was Ellie telling her to leave their shared house?

"What?"

"I said, go. We could use some time apart."

"Ellie, are you... are you breaking up with me?"

Y/n's voice cracked as she stared at her soulmate. Her heart shattered at the suggestion. Y/n didn't mean to pester her so much.

When Ellie came home down, Y/n just wanted to find out why. But Ellie wouldn't budge. And then suddenly, Ellie just blew up on y/n.

"I..." Ellie wasn't too sure of the answer herself. She loved y/n, but right now, she wanted to grieve Joel on herself. She knew that y/n wanted to be there for her, but maybe it was all too much right now. "I don't think so." Ellie finally croaked out, her breath becoming labored.

Y/n shook her head. "El, we can work this out-"

"Please. Just go." Ellie couldn't bare face the girl she thought so highly of anymore. The pure hurt on her face said a million words.

"Fine." Y/n replied, her tone more angry than she had intended.

Y/n grabbed her patrol bag, complete with a few important items. She hung it off her right shoulder and reached for the cold doorknob, looking over her shoulder.

Ellie had her arms crossed over her chest, staring at the ground.

Y/n's heart broke into a thousand pieces. For all she knows, this will be the last time she ever sees Ellie again.

Silence stood between them like a brick wall separating the two. The atmosphere grew thicker and thicker with every passing second. Y/n couldn't just leave without another word, but she didn't know what to say. So she said the only word she knew.

"I love you." She said quietly, but loud enough for Ellie to hear. Ellie didn't even spare her a glance. Instead, she clenched her eyes shut and turned her downright head to the side as to face away from the girl.

And just like that, Y/n got one last good look of her beautiful girlfriends' face and shut the door, letting out a hard sob as soon as the door closed behind her.

-

It had been how long since their fight? An entire day, right.

That was the longest 24 hours of Ellie's life. She thought maybe Y/n would be back that night, but she wasn't.