Chapter 4 - Lead by the Blackbird

Meanwhile at the Wassabasco...

Mr. Olivier Marguilles worked gleefully in Dorian Amsel's absence. He is back as the star sommelier of the restaurant, he catered to numerous different guests usually within the first-class circle, Marguilles reveled in the praises from the establishment's customers even to the extent of secretly toying with the female guests.

One evening, he met an Italian woman named Cecilia unbeknownst to him that she is a perfidious wife of a dirty moneymaker. Marguilles was shot dead by a couple of mobsters hired by the envious husband, at the back entrance of the restaurant where the large garbage bins are placed. The incident happened during the dusk time, his dead body was found in a pile of leftover, rotten food inside a garbage bin and later identified because of his bloodied name tag: ‘Olivier Marguilles - Master Sommelier’.

The restaurant tried to cover up Marguilles' scandal, they tried to make it look like his death is a situation of a random mob attack but to no avail. The Wassabasco's popularity and reputation wilted like a dying vine, instead of being a fancy wine-and-dine restaurant it became known as a crime scene spot.

Dorian Amsel, however, remains inside her apartment.

The blackbird is slowly recovering as days sweep by, the little chick can now move with ease but still struggles to fly. She is still gathering information about the mysterious Mortimor Manor since oddly - there's no address written in the typescript. She's starting to think that maybe this is some kind of scam... She scans through her laptop to look for a Mortimor Manor. There is one photo of a hotel with the same name but they are not looking for any personal aide at all. There is another Mortimor Manor but she doesn't think it's the one since the place is a brothel.

After several searches, she found the Mortimor Manor she was looking for.

“Whoa!” - Dorian muttered. It's not an ordinary house! The website says that it's standing since the mid-1800s, despite its antiquated style, Dorian could tell that the house has been renovated both in architectural design and structure to keep up with the modern time.

Whoever currently lives in the residence could give a large salary for a ‘help’.

Suddenly the bird started chirping.

“What is it?” Dorian said, curious as to what the bird is looking at. The bird seems to gesture towards the window. Dorian looked at the sight, all she sees are buildings and trees whose leaves had turned dry and vermillion but the bird continue on chittering. She decided to carry the bird and climb on the fire exit of her apartment.

“Shit,” Dorian muttered, she's not afraid of heights - but she pulled out her Intracardiac injection and stabbed herself in the chest so a sudden adrenaline spike wouldn't cause chest pain while she held on to the metal staircase. Dorian climbs upwards till she reaches the rooftop - the bird however still won't shut up. “Higher?” Dorian sighed and then climb till she reached the uppermost peak of the apartment - which is on the apex of the rusty water tank. Dorian realizes how impressive the cityscape is from atop and looks on for a bit — then the blackbird produces a whimsical sound.

The Swiss sommelier looked at the viewpoint the bird is facing. She notices a roof and a balcony from far away hidden by a nice wall of greenwood - It appears secluded.

“Is that where your owner is?” Dorian asked the bird. The woman took the answer as a 'yes' when the blackbird hops from her hands and fly in the air. Hovering in mid-air, the sommelier finally notices the clasp on the bird's wrist. All this time it has been hidden by its black plumage. She first thought that the blackbird is just an ordinary migratory bird that got lost from its flight. It appears that it's intelligent enough and is trained by its mysterious owner.

Dorian gasped: “Have you been tricking me all this time?” - She pouted at the now-flying bird, the small creature only tilted its head and chirped. The Swiss woman returned downstairs to her unit and packed some of her belongings then hopped on her scooter.

“Lead the way then,” She told the bird, that it flew in a specific direction which the woman followed.