Chapter 17 - Curious Textures

*BANG!*

During autumn you would expect dreary skies and chilly winds, it is throughout the majority of the season. But oddly, right now? The sun decided to give people a blare of heat for the day.

It is humid that Dorian who is typically in her "sommelier outfit" unhesitantly goes sleeveless with an undershirt while still in her pants and tied her black hair in a bun.

Her boss: Wilhelmina is on her skeet-shooting ranks again while Magdalene is on the balcony watching her sister under the sun; wearing a red bikini under a black see-through dress, sunglasses on her eyes, and a hat on top of her head.

Dorian has recognized the practice of catering back-and-forth service to the Mortimors. She is currently on the "fiery twin's" side, pouring a bright, refreshing wine on a hot sunny day.

‘Vampires in broad daylight...’ - Dorian thought. A couple of hours earlier she went to the membership supermarket to purchase some groceries. While going home, riding her scooter - Dorian spotted a blackened stain of soot on the ground, it smelled like something or... Someone had gone in flames.

Dorian remembered the Mortimors' tale about "transforming'' at day takes a ton of discipline, practice, and a lot of earth-grounding humility. Seeing how relaxed the duo are in sunlight proves their immense self-control.

“Is this an Icewine? (dessert wine)” Magdalene asks, swirling her glass.

“Yes, ma'am,” Dorian answers as she squints her eyes from the sun.

Magdalene nodded: “Delectably sweet...” (swirls her glass of Icewine then took a sip) “And that... What do sommeliers call that... Texture?”

“Mouthfeel,” Dorian answers.

“Yes, that one! (She sips again) it's scrumptious!” Magdalene exclaimed.

“People don't talk much about texture in wine isn't it?” Magdalene said.

“Yes, ma'am it's underappreciated but very important,” Dorian said.

*BANG! PSHOO! PSHOO!* — As Wilhelmina shoots one bullet but it hits and shatters three plates at the same time.

“See that! Magdalene, that's what you call a shot!” Wilhelmina shouted at the balcony.

“Yes dear, I saw that! Well done!” Magdalene shouted back.

“Back to the texture thing, how important exactly,” Magdalene said.

Dorian speaks: “It's that vivacity! A great mouthfeel demands that you take another sip simply because it feels good! It's like touching cashmere!”

“An expensive label is not even necessary for a wine to exhibit fantastic textures! I restocked some vinos that cost below $50 and they're excellent as well!” Dorian said.

“Well, what are you waiting for sitting here go get me those to try on!” Magdalene said.

Dorian happily went downstairs, then bolted right up carrying three piccolo-size bottles.

“This Riesling (2002) is only $28,” Dorian said, offering the first bottle.

“Another one,” Magdalene asked for the second piccolo.

“A Sancerre also from (2002) that cost $20,” Dorian said. Magdalene took a sip of the piccolo of Sancerre.

“And the last?” Magdalene said.

A Sangiovese (1998) that cost $27,” Dorian gave the third piccolo bottle.