CHAPTER 6: FANTASY

When Mitsuya asks you out you didn't expect it to be just the two of you, it's a coincidence that the both of you are wearing the same colored outfits which made the both of you look like a couple, him holding a book in his hand made him look more intellectual. As the both of you stroll the lively Harajuku, you both manage to catch the eyes of many passersby, you hear them whisper saying how attractive Mitsuya looked or how pretty you look, this isn't the first time, you already got used to the attention.

The both of you eventually stop by a ramen shop to have lunch. 

"Hello lovey-dovey couples, we are having an event limited to couples only, winners can have a 90% discount on your bill! " the waitress exclaimed 

"Oh no we aren't-" just as you were about to decline Mitsua interrupted 

"Sure"

You stare at him, eyes widened, and kicked his leg at the bottom of the table. The corner of his lips tugged up as he lean forward to whisper in your ears

"We can get a discount, why not?"

His warm breath made your ear tingle, sending butterflies in your stomach. Both sides of your cheeks flush with a bright tinge as you agreed to participate. The rule of the game is simple, you and Mitsuya each bite one end of the pocky stick, all you have to do is to make sure it doesn't fall while you eat it. 

Mitsuya's face gets closer and closer making your heart pound so loud, he's so focused on the game which made him 10 times more attractive than he already is. Your eyes gaze down at his lips which is working its way across the strawberry flavored pocky stick, getting closer to yours every second. When the both of you were just 1 centimeter away, he lifted his head, those lilac orbs gazing into yours. At that moment it felt like time has frozen and the entire atmosphere is covered with pink bubbled, you instinctively pulled your head away as he get closer to you until the tip of his nose brushed across yours. 

The pocky stick broke, you guys won, you hear the waiters and waitresses cheer happily along with Mitsuya who got so excited that he hugged you tightly in his arms, your entire body stiffen feeling his warmth and the fresh peppermint scent lingering on his shirt. When he realized, Mitsuya pulled away, letting out an awkward cough, you can see his ears turning red. 

When the both of you walked out of the ramen shop you ran into Rika. She is holding a book in her hand, when she saw Mitsuya the first thing she said was "I ask you to go to the library with me you said you weren't free, what are you doing here with Y/n?"

You had no idea Mitsuya declined Rika's offer and asked you out. At that moment you didn't even dare to look at Rika as if you did something wrong.

"I finished what I had to do and ran into Y/nwhen I came here to have lunch" Mitsuya said nonchalantly 

Rika looked at you suspiciously, her gaze is asking for confirmation. 

Mitsuya too, stared at you waiting for your reply

To prevent Rika from overthinking, you nodded your head. You noticed how she looked unhappy about the whole situation. "Let's go to the library together" Rika suggested 

"You guys go ahead" Mitsuya rejected, he shoved the book that he has been holding for the entire day in my hand and walked away. 

Rika snatched the book over and flip through the pages, a bookmark fell out of it. Rika picked it up, there are some words written on the back of the bookmark: I like you

Rika's expression turned cold. She put the bookmark back into the book and return it to you, a bitter smile formed on her face as she uttered "Looks like Mitsuya really likes you"