VII

Thanks to @cuteconverse for the banner at the side. Her works are great, check her out.

Made for the Rich Boy

Chapter Seven: Self Affiance

-Flight to Australia-

The insistent hum of a vexatious voice awoke Axel from – or what could have been a slumber. He shot his eyes open, glaring daggers at the man beside him.

“What?” he hissed. Garret eyed his great friend and client, lost in thought. His cold gaze inspected his, but nonetheless the specks were elsewhere. He’d be willing to bet everything he owned Axel’s mind was definitely not on movies and contracts … or on the great bargain he’d managed to sign himself into.

Garret knew it’d be a long shot, but nothing would hurt in trying. “Axel I know the last thing you want to do is deal with any of this right now, but I really need you to take a look at this contract. It is important to know what you are giving and receiving. Franco’s got the best lawyers in Australia and one missed detail might cost a helluva lot more than what you’re proposing.” Garret calmly stated, handing him the written stacks.

Axel gripped the seat’s handle, trying to control the anger threatening to resurface any minute. With one eyebrow raised he studied his agent’s worried frown marrying his face and the too still posture. “Garret since the minute we started working together, you informed me you’re strict responsibility is to read and inspect all contracts thoroughly. Where do I come in this?” Axel questioned, massaging his temples. Damn headache. Needing something purely strong to blank away all memory, he ordered a bottle of whiskey - Jack Daniel’s to be exact, loving the strong taste and burning sensation as he took the enjoyable swig.

Garret sat up straight, forcing to meet Axel’s questioning but stern look. “I know what I say. You needn’t repeat my regulations. I am more than satisfy to comply with what I must do, but you should really look over this. I don’t want to witness your wrath once you are told to do something you do not agree with. Remember this governs the relationship between your money and career.” He warned Axel.

Axel’s eyes narrowed. “Dammit Garret. The contract attorney you provided me revised it himself. We already negotiated a better deal than the one proposed back in Atlanta. I already know the obligations I am agreeing to.” He took another swig of the whiskey. At this point, he’d need another bottle in the next fifteen seconds if he kept with the conversation.

“Okay so how about this; never on these eight pages does it mention pay or play provision.” Garret shot his friend an exasperated look.

“I am positive that will not be needed. I’ve worked with Franco Dubon, there is no other producer I’d rather work with. I’ve signed my fair share of contracts and I know my play, so where to sign?”

Garret ignored the glare and hard tone, noting as Axel grabbed the Jack Daniel’s bottle and finished the remaining liquid. “Axel with this contract you are forced to spend twelve months in Australia, following all of Franco’s orders. Once you sign, you cannot back out. I know this is a great opportunity for you but –“

“You said it yourself, it is a great opportunity.” Axel cut in. “I am aware of what the contract demands and I am more than willing to follow in on my part. I don’t have to ask for your permission nor do I have to listen or have you mothering me in any way. Now give me the damn contract and tell me where to sign.” He barked the order. His words literally dripped with cold anger.