V

Made for the Rich Boy

Chapter Five: Foolish Requests

It was the first day of the known celebratory month, and the month of our last thirty one days - December. I tiredly awoke by the resounding noise of my beeping alarm, forthwith welcomed by the kaleidoscope dots of morning sunshine dancing across the bedroom, appearing through the newly, silk pale curtains. Mistakenly, the picture window was left marginally ajar sending a cool, surrounding breeze and high waves of the nature's sweet, fragrance aroma - honeysuckle, pine, and jasmine circled the bedroom, guiding its way into my nostrils. I inhaled heavily, breathing in the comforting scent and enjoying the joyous summer morning.

I rubbed my eyes with both fists, wanting to curl back into the feathery blankets. I felt mentally fatigued, due to the barely five hours of sleep. Last night, Maggie and I stayed past midnight, expertly decorating the Moretto's grand Christmas tree, and the rest of their downstairs. I recalled my stupefaction as I gawked at the tree once it was done. The evergreen plant lit up the closed living room space as the ornaments hung from the tips. The colorful wrap-around lights shone brightly. And the bright golden star on top glowed like the moon.

I untangled my legs from the ambrosial, crisp bed comforter and sat up. Stretching and loudly yawning, I watched how the sun slowly illuminated the dull sky with a tinge of orange and pink pigmentation. I placed my sock covered feet on the polished, wooden floor and lumbered into the restroom, preparing myself for the usual morning routine. My limp body felt questionably ethereal and a course of unnerving pain ran throughout my left arm as I brought it to my shoulder, and down again repeating the process, no doubt pulled a muscle as I slept. Jerking back the violet shower curtain with the opposite hand, I twisted the translucent knobs and watched warm water pour out onto the cleansed tub. The sweet essence of my pomegranate scrub soap from yesterday's shower still lingered in the air.

I moaned involuntarily as I dipped myself into the tub, feeling the warm reach to me - the lavender bubbles covering all parts of my body. I needn't work at all this evening, the three weeks conclusively reaching its peak allowing me to once more, meet mom and Bry after twenty one days of short call communications. The bewildered facial feature I will note on mom's face had me smiling and giddy in anticipation. I never knew how much I truly missed them, until the day I officially left mom's tight, hold.

After the hour long bath, I dressed myself in a knee length denim skirt, a grey tank, and the used white dollies - leaving my wet hair cascading down and held by a black thin, double hair band and head to the kitchen. As I entered through the curtain beads that allowed access to the kitchen, I saw Amelia brewing a batch of vanilla oatmeal.

"Oh Mia, you came just in time. Right here are a plate of mushroom omelets, blueberry hotcakes, and breakfast casserole. And I'm finishing some hot oatmeal. Help yourself to anything."

I eyed the hotcakes, and helped myself pouring mango juice in a glass cup, "Wow, thanks Amelia." I sat next to Maggie and Leslie, one of the other maids and ate.

"Mia what do you think?" asked Maggie. I looked from my food and saw everyone's eyes on me, waiting for my answer.

Confusedly, I asked "Huh?"

"I said, a bunch of us are going to Diego's do you want to come?"

"Diego's? I'm sorry I don't know -"

"Oh right, well Diego's is a club and bar. It's not all known like the ones in the city but it's a stress reliever. You should come."

"I don't know -"Julian then entered, taking an apple and biting a chunk.

"Hey, count me in. You should come with us Mia," he said, winking whilst leaning on the counter, "And how about you and I have our own little fun?" Julian whispered, puckering his lips in the process.