I

Copyright© 2012 Joann Veirra All Rights Reserved

Firstly, I want to dedicate my new story to @rosesarered27 for being a wonderful writer and for writing one of my most favorite stories here, His Revenge.

I hope you all enjoy and give my story a chance. You won't regret it!

.

Chapter One: Considering the Job

"Mother? Mother, is that you?" Nicolette Moretto's  daughter's blustering, and may she add, obnoxious voice ample throughout the mansion, echoing through the halls, and reaching her sensitive ears as she stepped onto the foyer. Winston, her loyal butler, greeted her with his famous smile and helped Nicolette out of her five hundred dollar, Nanette Lepore gray blazer, carefully placing the expensive piece of clothing on his arm.

"Good afternoon, Mrs. Moretto. How was your day?" Winston questioned. He extended his gloved hand and took hold of her manicured ones, helping her down the marble steps.

"Oh my dear Winston, it was lovely although very much exhausting. Thank you for asking," she responded, whilst walking into the living area, Winston following her every move. She, gracefully made her way to the far end, red mahogany table and poured herself a glass of Pinot Noir wine, bringing the glass to her lips - tasting the sweet, black cherry liquid.

"My pleasure, and might I say, you look stunning as always. I hope you accept my humble compliment."

"Winston, you flatter me. Is my husband home yet?" asked Nicolette, licking the small drops of wine from her lips. She noted Winston shifting uncomfortably before her, which brought a smirk to her bronzed face.

"I'm afraid not. Mr. Moretto phoned at dawn explaining he will be a tad bit late for supper this evening, due to important surgeries he has to perform."

She nodded, "Yes, yes of course. Please tell him to call me if he phones. I will be heading to my bedroom to rest, and inform me when supper is ready."

"Yes of course - oh Mrs. Moretto, before it leaves my mind, Mr. Axel also phoned. He wanted me to leave you a message, and said he will be arriving home late as well because of a casting he needs to attend tonight, and in addition, he will be accompanying his partner to said photo shoot."

"Of course, Natalia - lovely girl indeed, I had forgotten about her photo shoot. Well Winston, I thank you for your services. You may get back to your duties now."

"Thank you. Will the Mrs. need anything else for tonight?"

"Not at all. Good day Winston," she told him, observing the polite nod as he took off in the other direction. Nicolette sighed as she turned and walked upwards the marble staircase one step at a time; on attempt to hide inside the familiar lair she calls her bedroom. She was used to the solitude that always seems to come her way, never failing to find her. Now, she bravely takes it all in. Her daily evenings always result on being the same - one big routine. She experience déjà vu every night as she remembers the previous nights - were but again, aforesaid. Her days consist of an early morning appearance at the office, and at sunset, arrive at her home to find it completely empty - not counting the employees, and sometimes her daughter, who does not mind her.

Landon, her husband, spends most of his time at the hospital and her dearest son Axel, spends most of his time at castings, meetings, photo shoots, or with Natalia. 

"Mother!" Ariel yelled, barging inside her bedroom.

"Yes, what is it daughter?" she asked, taking her in. She was dressed in purple leggings with a mid-thigh, gray strapless top and black Louis Vuitton stilettos, her arms were crossed and her eyes were big with fury.