Chapter 3

Awkward would be the best way to describe the car ride to Pompeii

Awkward would be the best way to describe the car ride to Pompeii. The van was filled with an uncomfortable silence.

Fugo was in the driver seat, Giorno in the passenger  seat with a map in hand, Abbacchio sat behind the driver's seat, attention fixated on the passing scenery of the window, and (Name) seat behind the passenger seat.  She sat criss-cross applesauce, her elbows rested on her thighs and her head in her hands. Her eyes were fixated at the back of Giorno's head - taking note of his striking blonde locks and gorgeously thick eyelashes - as she zoned out in her thoughts.  The silence was soon interrupted by Giorno.

"Fugo, it seems we needed to turn right back there." With that slipping out of the blonde's mouth the vehicle came to an abrupt stop, tires squealing as it did so. The quick braking caused (Name)'s body to be flung forward, the seat belt prevented her from colliding with the back of the passenger seat. After her body was jerked to the back of her own seat, she looked down to notice that the muscular arm of the tall mysterious Abbacchio was extended in front of her as another cautionary measure. Upon noticing this she sent a grateful smile to the man in all black in appreciation of the gesture.

"Isn't it a little late to be telling me that?" Fugo asked with irritation soaking his tone, finger tapping on the steering wheel as he kept his darken gaze forward, "What good does it do to inform me of a turn after the fact?" he continued to scold.

"You're exactly right." Giorno conceded, "Next time I will-"

"Did I say anything about next time?" he continued to reprimand voice raising, "I'm talking about now!"

"Mr. Cranky pants" (Name) interjected as she leaned forward placing her hand on the shoulder of the passenger seat as she did so, "It's a simple mistake with an easy fix, just make a U turn. There's no need to get so pissy."

"Stop calling me that!" Fugo started snapping his head in the girl's direction sending a violet eyed glare her way.

"Not vibing with Mr. Crankypants?" (Name) asked as she tapped her chin with her well manicured finger, "How about negative Nancy? Or pessimistic Polly? Debbie downer? Cynical Cindy?" The short tempered mafioso's fingers dug into the steering wheel as the college student listed off the potential nicknames" Oh, no I've got it!" (Name) beamed with a smile on her features," Fuming Fugo."

"(Name) be quiet!" the blonde hissed, his glare growing more intense, "How did we get stuck with you here?"

"Because-" before  the girl could explain Fugo began to rant.

"Because you already have Bucciarati wrapped around your finger." the blonde scoffed with a roll of his eyes as he began to mock the girl's higher pitched voice "Oh, Bucciarati. I've never been to Pompeii before. Can I please tag along? I promise I'll stay out of trouble." As he mocked the girl's voice he brought his hands together and brought them to his cheek, batting his eyelashes. (Name) cocked an eyebrow at his actions.