Chapter 8

Unimportant Note: Guy's it's our first chapter without Fugo :*((

"(Name)? (Name)?" the dark haired capo asked as he glanced inside the ceiling of the turtle. The gaggle of defectors had been traveling through the canals of Venice for an hour or so. As the mobsters perched themselves in the boat, keeping a steady eye out for any sort of impending danger, (Name) healed Trish's wounds and restored the neural pathways in her once detached hand. The college student was planning on joining the rest of the defectors outside the turtle once she had finished doing so, but the room was so warm! And her eyelids grew heavier and heavier. She couldn't even remember the last time she slept! So she conceded. She curled herself up, leaning her body on the couch at Trish's side - the girl had told herself she was merely going to rest her eyes for a few minutes - but as you'd expect when a sleepy person says that - she ended up dozing off. Peering down at the snoozing pair, Bruno couldn't help but allow a soft smile to mold itself onto his features, "Dock the boat at the nearest pear. While you all handle that I'll wake Trish and (Name)." Bucciarati instructed as his fellow mafiosos nodded in agreement. Surely the sleeping pair would be disappointed if they were left out of their pit stop.

Upon entering the reptilian bunker, Bruno's attention went to (Name)'s sleeping form. A light chuckle escaped his lips as he took in her unconventional sleeping position. She was seated on the ground by Trish's feet. Her side was leaning against the sectional couch. One of her elbows was planted on the couch, her dainty hand cradled her cheek as she snoozed away. Her legs were snuggly curled up near her chest, as her free hand rested itself in her lap. Out of curiosity the ravenette squatted downwards next to the sleeping girl to get a closer look. It was a precious sight really, she was curled up in herself as snug as a bug in a rug. Upon getting closer the male could hear the deep exhales passing over her slightly parted lips. Her body leaning on the couch caused rogue strands of beautiful (hair color) hair to waterwall downward, mildly obstructing the girl's features. Without much thought, the ravenette reached his hand forward, tenderly brushing the stray strains behind the girl's ear allowing a better view at her features. So peaceful and delicate looking - nearly ethereal in nature. It was stunning to see the normally spunky expression replaced with such a tranquil one. The males hand gently traced from the girl's ear, down her jawline, until he brought his large hand to cradle one of her adorably plush cheeks. His thumb lovingly rubbed soft circles on the girl's skin as blue hues continued to fixate themselves on the sleeping woman. His slightly calloused fingertips contrasting greatly against the teens soft porcelain like skin. The fuzzy feeling the male had brewing at the pit of his stomach soon subsided, soon being replaced with a mild tinge of guilt. His enchanted smile of euphoria soon formed into a straight line, as he thought to himself he continued to gingerly stroke the girl's cheek.

She was tangled up into this mess due to him. At San Giorgio Maggiore he could've easily denied her from boarding the boat, and turning herself into a target for the vengeful boss - that was hell bent on offing all the members of the band of defectors. Conceding to her desire to help was selfish, and he was self aware of his calculated lack of intervention being self serving in nature. She had entrusted her safety into his hands - his capable hands. Since he had first laid eyes on her when she had exchanged a friendly wave in passing, as he was awaiting a meeting with Polpo, he felt a spark of innate magnetism and allure to the charming girl. Allowing her to put herself in danger was reckless on Bruno's part but, now that she was willingly in his grasp - Bruno didn't want her to be apart from him.

Still deliberating on his internal turmoil the capo continued to caress the angelic girl's features, until he noticed a sudden twitch in the girl's relaxed sleeping face. Her nose twitched as she lightly squirmed under his touches. Despite the softness of the males loving pets, she seemed to be stirring out of her slumber. With a disheartened sigh, Bruno retracted his hand from her cheek and placed it upon her shoulder giving it a gentle nudge. He forced a smile, to façade his internal guilt, as the girl's thick lashes began to flutter open.