"I cannot be a fucking pink moth!"

And so the weeks flew by. Tubbo and Ranboo went to check up on coma-cocoon state Tommy two times a day, always muttering a sort of hello or some other greeting as they talked about their day. 

Soon the blast of winter came, with it snowing heavier than ever. Ranboo could only communicate with Techno and Phil through the comms, he couldn't make it through the snow, being an enderman hybrid and how thick it was. The snowflakes piled high and Michael watched everything wonderful about the overworld.

The sun shone bright and the snow started to melt, though it never truly went away. Tommy was in a chrysalis for about three months now, nothing on the outside changing. Tubbo and Ranboo allowed Michael to see Tommy when the five year old kept asking about him.

One day, Tubbo was in the guest room. Talking to a black piece of shit. Literally, cocoons looked like shit, like actual shit. Nobody told him that!

Anyway, suddenly there was a crack. Tubbo shut up.

"Tommy? Is that you?" Tubbo whispered. "Ranboo! Get over here!" 

"Tubbo? What?" Ranboo asked when he opened the door. "I just put Michael to bed."

"Tommy's chrysalis/cocoon is opening! Get some night vision pots!" Tubbbo whisper-shouted, gripping Ranboo's arm. Ranboo twisted himself out of Tubbo's deathlock hold and grabbed the glass bottles, going back to the room and shutting the door.

The two watched carefully as the shell cracked, small lines making their way around. They patiently sat by his side, muttering encouragements either to themselves or him. They picked up pieces of shell that fully broke off and put it in a garbage bag.

"Tommy? You awake?" Ranboo whispered kindly. Most of the shell had broken off, and Tommy's face and most of his body was visible. He had short fuzzy antennae, yellow ones that sorta looked like their own individual feathers. His back and therefore wings were covered by the black shell still.

"Mmm five more minutes." Tommy mumbled as he curled up even further. Tubbo and Ranboo burst out laughing. "Fuck off man, I'm tired."

"Tommy you've been asleep for three and a half months and you're still tired." Ranboo giggled.

"We're never gonna let you forget this." Tubbo snorted, a dopey grin on his face.

"What? Three months? Joking fuckers, that isn't funny." Tommy slurred as he stretched. He paused. "Why's it so dark?"

"Well we thought your eyes might not be able to handle the brightness due to being in a chrysalis for all that time." Ranboo said. 

"Chris? Who?" Tommy asked. The married couple started to laugh again.

"Bigman you're a butterfly." Tubbo explained.

"M' not a fucking fly." Tommy said. 

"Or a moth." Ranboo put in.

"Not a mom either." Tommy yawned.

"What do you remember last, bossman?" Tubbo asked.

"Hamilton. Raise a glass to freedom." Tommy sang in a slurred high pitch voice.

"Oh yeah! We'd watched Hamilton! I completely forgot!" Ranboo remembered. 

"Should we call Phil? He's in pure denial." Tubbo said. "I can't even see him."

"Here, take a night vis pot." Ranboo offered. 

"Whaddbt me?" Tommy asked, even if he could see fine.

"Can you see?" Tubbo asked when he drained the bottle. The affects of the potion were still setting into place.

"Yeah. You're wearing the sweater I made." Tommy said, pointing at them with a lazy hand.

"I think we know if Tommy's a moth or butterfly." Ranboo said.

"Tommy? Can you sit up?" Tubbo asked with uncharacteristic kindness. Tommy groaned as he did, rubbing his eyes. Although colours were distorted with the potion, Tubbo and Ranboo could see  two vibrant pink and soft yellow coloured wings. They gasped.

"Wha- huh? What's? Eh?" Tommy asked as his wings fluttered. "You weren't fucking joking?!" He screeched when we felt the delicate wings. 

"No! What kind of moth are you?" Tubbo screamed at the same volume.

"Well fuck if I know! I was seriously in a fucking coma for three fucking months!" Tommy yelled back.

"Oh! You're a 'rosy maple moth'!" Ranboo said suddenly. They all looked at the book, and just as Ranboo said, the moth had pink, yellow, pink wings, like Tommy.

"I cannot be a fucking pink moth!" Tommy screamed.

"Fuck your manliness, you can fly!" Tubbo said. Tommy paused. 

"You can fly!" Ranboo said happily.

"Prime I'll be able to fly!" Tommy screamed, the pinkness forgotten.

In the spring transitioning into summer, Tommy got used to his new body parts. He still complained about the pink from time to time, but he was able to fly so he didn't compalin. Michael freaked out when he saw Tommy, clinging to him for the next two weeks being afraid he'd be abandoned again.

The start of summer was nice, with there still being a layer of snow but the sun shining bright. Tommy grudgingly agreed to babysit Michael as Tubbo and Ranboo prepared for their proposal to Tommy. 

"You have any plans tomorrow?" Tubbo asked as they ate dinner on a night in early June. 

"You want me to babysit again?" Tommy said glumly, poking at his food.

"No, Puffy's coming over." Ranboo said. Michael perked up at the mention of his grandmother/aunt.

"Just wanna hang with you." Tubbo said. "A picnic maybe. Something relaxing."

"Isn't that like a thing for you two?" Tommy asked.

"We want you there too." Ranboo smiled. "Mike, tell uncle Tom that he needs to loosen up."

Michael blabbered in piglin to Tommy, who replied back. 

"You can fu- speak piglin?!" Tubbo shouted, refraining from cursing in front of his five year old.

"Some friend you are." Tommy joked, though it dampened the mood a little. "A fu- friggin' picnic though? I'm not soft."

"Says the guy with pink moth wings." Tubbo smirked back.

"Take that back." Tommy said, refraining himself from 'bitch' and 'fucking'. 

"Says the guy who knits sweaters for friends." Tubbo kept playing.

"Bitch!" Tommy yelled as he pounced. Ranboo gasped. Michael giggled. Tubbo screamed.

"Tommy! Language!" Ranboo shouted as Tubbo ran for his life with a feral gremlin moth hybrid chasing after him. Michael clapped his hands, giggled, and watched the chaos unfold.

"So you wanna hang out with us tomorrow?" Tubbo asked as he lay on the cold, hard wood floor.

"I- sure, man. Fine." Tommy sighed. He got up from his spot on the floor, opening the door and trudging off, but not before zipping up the coat with the Snowchester flag stitched on.

"Can't wait, Tommy." Ranboo said, though the blond was long gone.