"Who hasn't shown up for your adoption?"

"Fundy?" Tommy called, peeking around the corner.

"Wah! Tommy, you scared me." Fundy exhaled. 

"Sorry man. Can we talk?" Tommy asked.

"Why?" Fundy asked with suspicion, which he had full right to. 

"Just wanna catch up with you. I can take my armour off if you need." Tommy assured, starting to take it off. He ignored the tightening worry in his chest as he stored it away in his inventory. Now Niki and Jack had an easier way to kill Tommy. Fundy followed suit with his uncle, both standing on the Prime Path with no armour or weapons.

"Walk with me? Just down the Prime Path." Tommy invited. Fundy nodded and got into step with Tommy, both walking silently for a minute. The only sound was their footsteps on the old wood.

"We should replace some wood soon." Fundy said, trying to start small talk. What he said was true, of course, for the planks were creaking with every step and was rotting on the sides.

"Yeah. How're you doing? With life. In general." Tommy initiated. "Or Eret and her adoption."

"Oh, he never came. We haven't really talked since." Fundy revealed.

"Oh, I'm sorry." Tommy apologized. "That sucks. I speak from experience."

"Who hasn't shown up to your adoption?" Fundy chuckled.

"Nah, I meant more betrayed emotionally." Tommy explained.

"Ooh. Yeah. That happens a lot to kids of war." Fundy nodded. They went back to silence, but it was more comfortable.

"How's your life doing? In general." Fundy asked. "After the prison."

"Pretty good. It's been half a year since then. Prime, it passed quick. I was in a coma for three of those months." Tommy replied.

"A coma? And nobody knew?" Fundy asked, disbelieving.

"How I grew the wings." Tommy answered, letting them flutter.

"I was gonna ask about them, but it seemed rude." Fundy said. "What species?"

"Fucking 'rosy maple moth'." Tommy snorted.

"Sorry big man." Fundy mocked.

"Fuck you." Tommy bantered. "I am seventeen years old."

"Child. Fox hybrids grow faster. I'm twenty two." Fundy celebrated.

"Holy shit, happy birthday. You have to get a birthday every two months, then." Tommy realized.

"Every six months. I'm technically eleven years old, but my mental health grows as fast as my body." Fundy explained. "Wilbur had to watch his child grow up twice as fast."

"Yeah. Imagine how he'd react to me getting married." Tommy chuckled.

"He'd have cried because you would never attract women to marry." Fundy laughed.

"Fuck you! I am amazing enough to get married!" Tommy shouted, throwing up his hand.

"Wait, is that a wedding ring? Did you actually get married?" Fundy asked seriously.

"Engaged. I sorta asked you to come with me so that I could invite you to the wedding." Tommy unveiled sheepishly. "And to make sure you didn't wanna kill me."

"You're the only family I've got. You want me there?" Fundy asked. "And I'm assuming you're platonically marrying either Tubbo or Ranboo."

"Yeah, both of 'em! I need to invite everyone possible so it looks like an actual fucking ceremony." Tommy explained playfully. "And I wanted to see you as the flower boy."

"No. If you want me there I am not gonna be the flower boy." Fundy rejected.

"Ring bearer?" Tommy suggested.

"Okay. When is it?" Fundy asked.

"Send you an invite." Tommy smiled.

"Hi Jack." Ranboo greeted. 

"Ranboo? What're you doing here?" Jack wondered.

"Just walking around. How are you?" Ranboo asked innocently.

"Fine. How're you?" Jack replied.

"Good, good. Getting a lot more rest. Michael's been sleeping better." Ranboo nodded. They were in front of the Big Jack Manifold Hotel. "Wasn't this Tommy's hotel?"

"I've been looking after it while he's not here." Jack replied quickly.

"Oh come on. You expected me to believe that? I know for a fact that Tommy came here two days ago." Ranboo dryly chuckled. "I watched him come up here, argue with you, then stalk off."

"You could've been mistaken. There's a lot of blonds on the server." Jack defended. Be he remembered it clearly. Tommy came to the hotel and asked if he could have it back. Jack replied with a 'no, you were dead'. Tommy argued that he paid good money to build it, and jack retorted by saying that he'd probably stolen all the loot to pay. After arguing for another good five minutes, Tommy walked off, hands in his pockets, cursing with every swear in the book.

"Who? Dream?" Ranboo spat. "You are lying, Jack, and you are either going to give Tommy back his hotel or find a compromise. Or else."

"Or else what?" Jack taunted.

"Or else I can kick you to hell. Again." Ranboo threatened. "Yeah. I know."

"How?" Jack stuttered. "Did you know?"

"My voices told me. And you know how Techno gets with his voices." Ranboo smirked.

"Y-yeah." Jack nodded. 

"See you later, Jack!" Ranboo smiled. He skipped away down the Prime Path towards Snowchester. Jack gulped. That motherfucker.

"Where's Ranboo?" Techno asked. "He's usually never late. Is he not coming to the meeting?"

"Mate, give him a break. Nobody's always on time." Phil chuckled. "He has a life outside the Syndicate."

"He's probably with Tommy." Niki growled.

"What? What's he got to do with this?" Techno griped.

"You don't know?" Niki asked innocently. "He and Tommy are buddy-buddy. Jack told me Ranboo came up to him and threatened to kill him if he disrespected Tommy."

"That's the final straw. Getting with government was bad enough, but becoming friends with a traitor? That's betrayal." Techno snapped.

"That's a bit dramatic, Techno. He can be friends with whom he wants." Phil chided. "And weren't Tommy and Ranboo like, enemies? Ranboo marrying Tommy's best friend and all."

"This is betrayal. I'm talking to him when he gets here." Techno rebuked. Just then, all three Syndicate member's communicators beeped. They all looked down at the message sent to them.

Ranboo: Sorry guys, couldn't make it to the meeting. Something important came up suddenly. I promise to come for the next meeting early. Please don't wait for me to start, or worry for me, I'm fine. Tell me what happens in this meeting next time, hope you have a good day!

"Talk to him next week, then. He's too busy hanging out with Tommy." Niki hissed.

"There." Ranboo whispered as he sent the message to the other Syndicate members. He looked down. Tommy and Tubbo were curled up next to him, tangled in the sheets. Tommy's face was in the crook of his neck, while Tubbo's ear was to his heart, listening to the rhythmic beating, assuring himself Ranboo was alive. 

Ranboo smiled. This was the life.