one.

LOVE was one of those idea's that fascinated Mikasa. She often found herself spend her days reading old romance novels and watching movies surrounding the idea, each time making her wonder if it was real. 

As much as she's interested in the idea, sometimes she wonders if it really does exist or it was something that was a money grabbing move. 

Living in a world where soulmates exist didn't really help her matter. 

All she knew was once she turned eighteen a mark would show up on her wrist, giving her a clue on who her soulmate is. 

She had gotten her 'birth mark' once she turned five and was confused on why she would get another one at eighteen, till her mom explained to her that the mark you get at five was the soulmate mark you're soulmate would get when they turned eighteen and vice versa. 

The idea was a bit confusing but she understood it enough and wasn't gonna ask for further explanation for it. 

She wished that she could pick herself and not have some mark tell her, but it did make it easier, at least that what her mother says. 

Snapping out of her thoughts as soon as the bus stopped, she got up from her seat with her backpack hanging on her shoulders, she walked out thanking the bus driver as she exited.

In front of her was a big building with name WALL MARIA HIGH SCHOOL written in on it.  She took off her earbuds, putting them in her jacket pockets and walked inside the building. 

" MIKASA PLEASE TELL ME YOU FINISHED YESSTERDAY'S HOMEWORK" a brunette girl who's hair was in a ponytail called to her. 

" Hello to you Sasha" the ravenette replied jokingly rolling her eyes. 

Sasha Braus was an interesting person. She was always energetic and took a positive outlook life, but the minute you take her food - let's just say hell wouldn't be such a bad place. 

"Oh right hi Mikasa did you finish yesterdays homework" 

Mikasa let out a small laugh " you forgot to do it" 

The brunette nodded making the girl sigh and take out her notebook from her backpack, handing it to her. 

" You're lucky I finished it" 

Sasha thanked it from and her copied down the answers down on her notebook " Thanks Mika you're a lifesaver" 

" Did you serious not to you're homework again" a male voice said looking over the brunettes shoulder. 

" Yes now shut up Connie don't you have a test today" 

" OH SHIT I FORGOT" 

Connie springer, Sasha's male version. It was no surprise that the two we best friends, you couldn't have one without the other. 

" Sometimes I question how the hell you guys are gonna graduate or even pass" Mikasa said, shaking her head in disapproval. 

" Through cheating and other stuff" the two replied at the same time, getting a questioning look from Mikasa. 

" Connie and Sasha being earlier than Armin, that's a first" another male said walking towards the trio. 

"  They 'res a first time for everything Jean" Connie replied. 

" On the topic of Armin" Sasha started giving Mikasa back her notebook " where is he isn't he usually early" 

" He's showing some new kid around" a female voice casually said not taking her eyes of her phone. 

" Annie when did you get here?!" Sasha asked in the nicest way possible. 

" I just got here" 

" Since you know were you're boyfriend is do you know why he didn't bother telling us" Jean asked

Annie shrugged not bothering to make eye contact with any of them as she felt her face slightly heat up at the term 'boyfriend'. She didn't like a lot of people, but somehow she ended up developed for the blonde nerd. 

" Anyways" Mikasa started " I'm gonna go to class I have Lev- sorry Professor Ackerman first"

" Sometimes I forgot he's you're cousin" Sasha say's .

" I don't" Connie replied right after.

Mikasa rolled her eyes and said goodbye to her friends and started making the trip to her locker. Her first class was history with Levi Ackerman, her cousin as her teacher which had its advantages and disadvantages. 

She had forgotten it textbook at school in her locker, though she wasn't complaining. Her back didn't feel like it was gonna break any second on the way home. 

Downside was that they had a reading too do and her teacher being well - himself was gonna question them on it. 

Thankfully Historia had sent her screenshots of the pages which were actually readable. It was no wonder everyone called her an 'angel in human form', she quite frankly was ( not that she would mention it out loud ). 

Opening up her locker, Mikasa grabbed the textbook from the top shelf and slammed it shut a little too loud, earning a few looks from people. She shrugged it off and put the lock back on it, turning the dial and walked to her history class. 

She walked in the class saying a simple good morning to her teacher who was too busy to notice what was going, or was just ignoring she didn't know the difference at this point. 

Taking a seat near the back of the class, Mikasa took her phone out and started scrolling through random apps to pass by time. 

Their were only a few others kids in the class who were doing the same thing, so she really shouldn't get in trouble and if somehow she did she had the perfect blackmail to use against him. 

Just one of the few perks of being the teachers cousin. 

A few minutes had passed and enter in the class was the blonde goddes ( as Ymir would say ) herself, Historia. 

" Morning Mikasa" she greeted taking a seat next to her. 

Mikasa put her phone on the desk and smiled" Morning you seem happy"

" Of course I am wouldn't you be too if you saw this" the blonde took out her phone and showed Mikasa a picture to her. 

It wasn't just any picture it was one of Armin and Annie hanging out, alone with Annie smiling. 

" That's why he wouldn't answer my texts yesterday" 

Historia laughed and continued talking about how she witnessed them at the park acting like a couple on a date but claiming to be just two friends hanging out.

More and more students walked in and before they knew it the bell rang indicating that class had started. 

Now all Mikasa had to do was fight the urge of falling asleep and actually pay attention.