seven.

AFTERNOON had arrived quicker than both Mikasa and Eren thought it would. Before they knew it the time went for twelve-thirty pm to almost six. 

Somehow, much to Eren's surprise, he had managed to stay awake during the movie, which just so happened to be two hours and forty-six minutes. How he did it? To be honest he didn't know either. Would he do it again? Absolutely not. 

By the time the two had left the theater is was around two-thirty so they decided to get lunch. They're was a little diner just a couple of minutes away from the the place so the two had lunch there. 

But of course what dat- sorry, friendly lunch would it be if the two didn't fight over who was gonna pay. 

Mikasa had mentioned on the way there that she was gonna pay or they would split the bill, but Eren being - Eren, replied with a simple "okay yeah sure" and ended up paying for the whole thing, much to Mikasa disliking. 

Nonetheless both of them enjoyed the day, especially Mikasa - who felt slightly more happy to have her old best friend back. 

" You do know I could walk home myself right" she said to the boy beside her "I'm capable of handling myself"

" Yeah I know but Levi would be on my back for letting you walk alone" he replied. 

She shook her head and laughed " true but he might be the same way having someone from the male species walking me home, even if it's you" 

" You mean especially if it's me" 

Mikasa let out another laugh and nodded " yeah pretty much". 

To both of their luck, Mikasa cousin, Levi, wasn't home giving Eren the reassurance he would be alive for a little while longer. 

" You know since Levi is probably god knows where you wanna come inside for a bit" she offered.

Eren thought about for a second. The offer was honestly really tempting and was once in a blue moon thing. 

" Yeah sur-" he was interrupted but the loud ringing of his phone from his pocket. 

He was gonna decline the call whoever it was until he saw his Mom name on the screen and quickly picked up. 

" Yes Mom" he greeted making Mikasa shake her head with smile. Something really don't ever change, one being Eren's way of greeting his Mom. 

" Is that really how you greet you're mother Eren? And to think I raised you better" the women on the other line sighed in disappointed. 

" You're being over dramatic" 

" Whatever I need you to come home you're brothers visiting so I need you to help me with diner" 

" But-"

" No but's I better see you home in fifteen minutes or I'm telling a certain someone about you know what"  Carla firmly said and ended the call. 

" So what did she say?" 

" Zeke's coming over and she want me to help with dinner" he replied. 

" Since when did you cook?" 

" I don't know around fifteen- sixteen I was home alone and didn't feel getting pizza and somehow made something that could be eaten" 

" Was the house still in one piece after?" she joked with a playful smile on her face. 

" Yes it was"

She let out a small laugh, leaning slightly on the front door "that's a shocker" 

" Very funny Mikasa" 

" What can I say my humor is unmatched" she proudly said "isn't you're house ten minutes away from here" 

" Yeah why?" 

" You're Mom still have the fifteen minute rule?"

"Sadly ye-" he stopped mid sentence when he realized what she was getting at.

" SHIT I should get going before I get another lecture, see you Monday" he said, giving her a quick hug before running off the opposite direction of her house. 

Mikasa smiled watching him and laughed "he's still an adorable idiot"