ten.

TIME didn't seem like a concept and the moment Eren was in proved him right. Even if he had not talked to Mikasa for years after he left, he still remembered her birthday every single year. It killed him he couldn't wish her but mentally he did, hoping that somehow, someway, she got it. 

He never had great memory, but the minute he woke up today and saw the date every little thing that happened from the age of four till twelve all came back.

Being appointed to distract Mikasa on her birthday while the rest of their friends got the party- that she was aware of- ready, wasn't the easiest thing. How was he suppose to keep the girl busy till six-thirty? Honestly he didn't know, but decided to just go with the flow. 

The first thing he did was go to her house, in hopes that at least a good three hours good be waste there. 

Though being greeted by Levi, who gave started him down and instead of hi or hello, said "what do you want brat" wasn't the best way to start his morning. 

"Levi could you at least be nice for twenty-hours" a female voice which he recognized right away said in a annoyed tone. The older man replied with a "tch whatever" and walked away from the front door, leaving the two teens. 

"Sorry about him, he didn't have his tea or whatever yet" Mikasa said "what are doing here anyways? not that I don't want you here". 

"Well first of happy birthday and I thought since I was an asshole and missed your last three birthdays I could make it up to you this year".

The ravenette stood in shock for a moment, trying to process what the boy in front of her just said.

"Don't tell me you forgot you're own birthday".

She looked to the side, slightly biting her lip "well-".

Eren looked dumbfounded, his mouth slightly wide open. While he had put alerts on his phone for each day up to her birthday so he wouldn't forgot, the girl in front of him had completely forgot. 

"Mika why and how".

" I don't know plus didn't think it was THAT big of a deal till Historia lectured me yesterday about how it's eighteen and everything". 

At this point Eren was more confused that he was two seconds ago. Conflicted between the idea she did or didn't forgot her birthday was too much thinking for his brain on a Saturday. 

"Anyways you wanna come inside? I was gonna make pancakes but since you're such a good chef maybe you could make them instead". 

Eren let out a small laugh and nodded "sure why not". 

He walked into the house and Mikasa shut the door, leading him to the kitchen. 

"Levi, Eren's staying for a bit so at least try to be nice since it's my birthday and two I won't hesitate  to show Hanji your baby pictures so you better not take marks out for it either" she sweetly (though it sounded more like a threat) said to her cousin.

Levi groaned and got up from the table "whatever I'm going out today either way, the house better not be messy and still in one piece".

And just like Eren had wished, a good three and half hours had past by at her house. From watching movies to baking together, everything went by so fast and before he knew it, it was already three forty-five. 

"So did Armin confess to Annie yet" he casually asked not looking up from his phone. 

Mikasa shook her head "not yet if he doesn't do it soon, I'm setting them up on a blind date or telling Annie".

Eren laughed and put his back in his pocket, looking at the girl sitting across from him "I'll help you with the blind date, I love Armin but hearing him go on and on about Annie drives me crazy". 

"I say we give them till Valentines day". 

"Isn't that like four days away?"

"Yep, if nothing happens we set them up and practically give them no choice but to confess"

Eren felt himself smile as he watched the girl go on about setting up their best friend with his crush. The way she kept going on and on but eventually getting off topic and start talking about something else made his heart flutter. 

This wasn't the same Mikasa he knew when he left, she was more open and talkative. 

She wouldn't know, but it killed him each day not being able to talk to her, not even for a second. But she was on his mind all the time. 

Even when talking to other females or going out on dates with them felt wrong because they weren't her. 

So maybe he did have a slight crush on her, but she wouldn't feel the same and he knew it. And as much as he was happy about her birthday, he felt just a slight upset knowing she was gonna get an idea on who her soulmate was in a matter of few hours and it wouldn't be him.

But at the end of the day, all he wanted was for her to happy, even if wasn't with him. 

"Eren you good? You look zoned out" Mikasa asked. 

"Wha- oh yeah I'm fine just thinking about something" he replied. 

"If you say so-" she started in a unsure voice "anyways you wanna go out for lunch? Sasha told me a great diner that opened up a few days". 

Eren smiled and got up from the chair and walked toward hers "sure why not but I'm paying".

She let out a sigh and agreed, knowing they're was no way of winning or arguing with him on this one. 

"Fine just thing once though but I'm paying next time we go out".

He smirked and wrapped his arm around her shoulder "yeah will see about that".

AUTHORS NOTE !!
next chapters is mikasa birthday
and mark reveal!! genuinely can't
wait for you guys to read it omg and
ik this may seem oc for eren to like
mikasa but you'll see her pov on her
feelings about him next chapter don't
worry lmfao. anyways i love u, stay safe
and take care <3