Chapter eight

After Rafe lets me go, I march back to the living room and sit beside JJ. He's awake now and I'm hoping he only just woke up because I will die if he just heard mine and Rafe's conversation.

"Where did you go? I was hoping to cuddle more." He pouts.

"Bathroom," I say. "So sorry."

"We'll come here, let's cuddle." He says with a toothy grin.

I look up when I notice Rafe passing by, giving me the deadliest glare.

"I'm going to get a drink first," I say and he pouts again. "Dry throat, want anything?"

"No thanks."

I push myself off the couch and sigh before walking into the kitchen. I pour myself a glass of water and lean on the counter.

I can't believe Rafe. I should be able to cuddle with who I want. We aren't dating, we hardly know each other yet. He has no right to tell me what I can and can't do. I don't understand why it matters to him anyway, he doesn't like me so it shouldn't matter.

"Hannah! Come out to the living room." Sarah yells cheerfully.

I chug back the rest of the water and lay the glass in the shiny sink. When I get to the living room I see that everybody is there beside Rafe, but I wouldn't expect him to be sitting with them anyway.

"JJ, nobody needs to know this story." Kie sighs.

"We all know this story, way too well." Pope sighs.

"What're you guys talking about?" I ask.

I sit on the single chair across from the couch that's open to the rest of the house.

"The night I lost my virginity." He says with a smile.

"Oh okay, yeah I'm fine without knowing that story," I say and everyone laughs.

"Tell your story, Hannah," JJ says.

"Noooo, I'm good thank you," I say. I can feel a blush creep up my face.

"Come on, I know everybody's story."

"That doesn't mean you need to know mine," I say.

"Hannah, please. We are friends now. You can tell us if you've been to bone town before."

"Gross JJ." Kie sighs.

"She doesn't have a story to tell JJ. God, will you ever let things go?" Sarah says.

The room falls silent and Rafe walks in. Luckily everybody's back is facing him because the smirk he has on his face is a dead giveaway.

"Well I'd pop your cherry right now if you'd let me," JJ says with a smile.

"JJ oh my gosh," Kie says.

Rafe halts, turning around and looking at me, waiting for my answer.