Chapter XX- Teamwork

(Y/n's POV)

It's never felt more possible to win mcc before. I've competed in six tournaments and this one has been the most fun by far.

The main issue in the other championships was that I was teamed with players that didn't match my skill level, so I'm glad techno's with me.

We're in the decision dome again.

Tommy: "Everyone's voting TGTTOSAWAF."

Me: "That's alright. We got this."

Tommy and Wilbur start talking about tactics as we look at the map.

Wilbur: "For this one all you really do is look down and spam."

I stop paying attention and lean back in my chair.

A notification lights up my screen and I lift my phone. My thumb hovers over the notification but then I get detoured and go to look at Technos text again. A smile tugs at the corners of my lips.

Mista Blade
You look gorgeous today

I take off my blazer, place it on the back of my chair and roll my shirt sleeves up to my elbows.

There's five seconds until the round begins.

Me: "Tom, you're good at speed bridging right?"

Tommy: "Yeahhh I'd say I'm pretty good."

Me: "Alright I'm gonna follow you."

Wilbur: "I will too. We can defend you from others."

The round begins and tommy starts bridging. Me and Will hit other people off while techno bridges like three blocks beside us.

We're halfway across when I spot quackity running up behind techno, about to hit him off.

Me: "Techno behind you!"
I warn him.

He turns around instantly and hits off quackity.

Techno: "Thank youuuu,"
He hums.

Our tactic works well. Techno finishes in 9th, Tommy finishes in 11th, I finish in 12th and Wilbur finishes in 14th.

Tommy: "AYYY."

Me: "That's a pretty good first round."

The next round is the one where you jump from the plane. I haven't played it much.

Me: "Alright can I follow someone? I don't know this one very well."

Techno: "Follow me y/n. I got you,"
He says gently.

Tommy: "Ew-"

Me: "What's the issue bitchboy?"

Tommy: "WOMAN CALL ME BITCHBOY AGAIN AND I'LL DRIVE TO YOUR HOUSE AND KICK YOUR ASS!"

Me: "With your imaginary licence and imaginary car?"
I tease him.

Techno: "HAH-"

Tommy: "NO- I- UGH-"

Wilbur: "PAHA"

We're teleported in and the round starts. I follow techno like he said to, jumping in the exact places he does. He goes so fast that no one even has a chance to hit us off.

'Jesus, he's good'

We end up finishing in 4th and 5th. Wilbur and Tommy finish in 13th and 16th, which is really good.

The next round is the one that you have to build over giant walls. This time, I build my own bridge.

I manage to knock off quackity, knock off jack manifold and finish in 7th place.

The next round is the cliff course one which involves no building and all of my team sigh, making me laugh.

Me: "This is going to be so annoying."

Tommy: "I'm going to knock off so many people-"

Wilbur: "Resist your temptations Tommy,"
He says close to his mic.

Techno: "Can we just... not punch each other?"

Me: "Wishful thinking there techno."

Wilbur: "See if you stay back a bit it's actually easier."

Me: "Good idea, let's do that."

Some people in the minecraft chat ask everyone to not punch, as if we could get that lucky.

Chaos begins in
•3•

Chaos begins in
•2•

Chaos begins in
•1•

The second we're released there's a chorus of hitting sounds.

I stay behind a bit with Wilbur and Tommy. Techno is more forward than us and I have a feeling he's gonna get knocked off.

But a few seconds pass and we're all okay. Techno keeps pushing forward and we all follow him.

It's a struggle to not get hit off in the midst of such chaos but we all seem to make it to the end.

Techno finishes in 3rd, and tommy finishes in 6th, I finish in 8th and Wilbur finishes in 9th.

The next map is super straightforward and we fly through it, all finishing top ten again.

For the final round, Wilbur follows Tommy and I stick with techno. It goes really well until sapnap manages to get behind me and starts hitting rapidly. I stay on Technos bridge at first but I can tell that'll change quickly.

Me: "Shit! Sapnaps on me!"
I say, my voice slightly panicked.

Techno: "That's okay, everything's okay,"
He tells me in a soft voice.

Immediately, he turns around and hits sapnap away from me. Him and sapnap hit each other back and forth and back and forth, both refusing to back down.

Finally, techno manages to hit sapnap just right that he flies off the bridge. But sapnap also lands a last hit on techno and he begins to fall.

I do the only thing I can think of and rapidly click the side of the bridge with my wool, hoping one of them can stop techno from falling.

And by some miracle, it works. My blocks saves him from the void.

Techno: "HOLY- THANK YOU Y/N!"

Me: "AYYYY YOURE WELCOME!"

Techno: "WE WIN THESEEEE!"
He yells as we finish in 3rd and 4th place.

Tom and Will finish soon after us.

Wilbur: "Wait what happened with you guys??"

Techno: "Sapnap was tryin' to hit y/n off-"
He starts to ramble off excitedly and I subconsciously smile.

Techno: "-and I started to fall so y/n placed some blocks underneath me and caught me!"
I can hear the smile in his voice and my heart goes warm.

Wilbur: "Awwww-"
He sounds like he's melting.

Tommy: "Good move y/n,"
He sounds sincere.

Me: "Woahhhhhhh- did the tommyinnit just give me a compliment?? Are you ill?! Have you been replaced by some alien clone?! Are you being held at gunpoint?! Blink three times if you need help!"
I tease him.

Tommy: "OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WHY CANT YOU JUST ACCEPT THE COMPLIMENT YOU BITCH-"

——————————————————————————

A/n:
HIIIIII
I'm sorry its been so long since I updated
Also, HOLY CRAP THANKS FOR ALL THE READS AND VOTES YOU ARE ALL AWESOME.
I do have big plans for this story and I'm so excited for it.
Please vote, it helps to motivate me.
Don't forget to eat and drink and try to smile today! <33
Have a good day/ night!
Love you all <33