28

I open the car door and hear the sound of Henry's slamming the driver's door shut. I unbuckle and pull myself out of the car, just in time to block him.

"What are you doing?" he asks. "This isn't camping."

"How did you find me?" it's easier to question him back than to answer.

He reaches into the car beside me and digs around under the steering wheel. He pulls out a small black piece of plastic.

"Is that a tracking device?" I ask, my eyes widening. How long has that been in there? What possessed him to buy it? Obviously, he wants to know where I'm going, but he's never cared much before. Something has tipped him off.

He doesn't answer. Rather, he grabs the keys out of the ignition, and then he shoves past me and makes his way into the trunk.

"You don't have any right to do that," I say, following after him.

He opens the trunk and grabs my suitcase. He zips it open, and I try to pull him away, but he pushes me back, again. I nearly trip on the hard mud and hit the ground. He opens it up and looks inside.

"Why'd you bring scrubs for just a weekend trip?" he demands, shaking them in my face before throwing them back in the suitcase and zipping it up. "Why did you only bring nice clothes if you were supposed to be camping?"

His voice rises to a scream.

I don't want to answer. I don't have any answers.

He throws my suitcase on the ground, and it hits the dirt that is beginning to soften into the mud. He pushes past me, and this time I do land in the dirt. My hip hits the ground before my head, and my adrenaline's pumping so I barely feel the pain. I scramble up and try to walk in front of him, ignoring my suitcase.

"It's not what you think," I don't know what he's thinking. Surely, he must know.

He stares at me, his hands balled in fists at his side, "let me pass."

"I just stopped by for a quick minute, since I had to use the bathroom," I tell him. "La Push is much closer to the campgrounds than our house, and-"

"You've been parked here all night," he shakes his head and goes up to the door. Without knocking he barges inside.

My hands cling to his button-up shirt, trying to drag him closer to me. He leans backwards and shoves me to the ground. I bang off the wood floors.

"Woah!" Quil says, leaping up from his spot on the couch. Both he and Jacob rush over.

"You can't just barge in here," Jacob growls, storming over.

Henry rolls up his sleeves, exposing his forearms. He works out in the gym we made in our home, but there is no way he could take on two, maybe three, shape-shifters. Embry isn't in the room, but with the way that Henry is storming around it's only a matter of time before he comes in too.

"Which one is it?" Henry looks back at me.

I haven't even bothered to get up off the ground because he might shove me down again. I don't feel vulnerable here though. If he were to think of laying a hand on me in anything but self-defence, the men before me would tear him apart with teeth and claws.

I swallow, "I don't know what you're talking about."

He turns and brushes past them, looking them over. I can't see what he's looking at. Finally, I stand.