Ten Days Before

Luke Hemmings. My first best friend, my first kiss, my first boyfriend, my first date, my first time, my first everything. The seventeen year old boy had little to no flaws. His hair fell perfectly, shaping his face beautifully, his eyes were the most beautiful shade of blue. Something in between aquamarine and light sapphire stone that shone brighter than any star there was.

It was a bright, sunny, six am. The skies were clear and ever so blue, like his favourite colour. Usually I jog in the mornings, just let everyone else on the team do. It was part of our training and if we didn't come to school smelling like sweat, huffing and puffing, our coach would yell at us for not being pushing ourselves beyond our limit. He believed in all of us, which was why he did make us do so much work. He believed that we would look back on who we were before and smile at our great changes. As much as I hated the morning trainings and sessions, I do have to agree, it has helped me and shaped me. I went from gamer who did nothing but watch porn to a basketball star who played Australian football because his coach decided to also put him on that team too, not that I'm complaining. 

I jogged to the corner where Luke lived at. He most likely began running at five. That's what he always did. Claimed he enjoyed watching the sunrise so he woke up early for it. I didn't believe him, though. I knew it didn't have to do with any pretty sunrise because he always claimed the sunset was much prettier anyways. I always thought it had to do with the teasing he dealt with in middle school about his extra weight, but he always said no, it had nothing to do with it. But it was the way his eyes showed pain and the way his voice went slightly higher that made me believe it did have to do with the comments he had recieved as a child.

I picked up my pace, knowing the route Luke ran around six since I run at that time. It was the same street we met at every day. The compound was a small one, but neverless, beautiful. The houses were two story houses; main floor and a basement. The layout of houses like those always interested my blond haired boyfriend a lot more than houses with a main floor and a first floor. He claimed those were too cliche and some of the looked like puke. 

I saw a blond haired boy wearing black Adidas shorts that went just above his knees with a pair of Nike shoes on too. He had a habit of wearing both brands at one time. He claimed it was because he "didn't want to betray the other brand." 

Slowing down, I tip toed to my freakishly tall boyfriend, trying my hardest not to make a sound. He wasn't facing me, so it would be the best opportunity to scare him a little. 

As I got closer, the more ideas came in mind of how to scare him. I shook my head, smiling to myself, probably looking like a lunatic to anyone who would have seen me. I took bigger steps which escalated into a small sprint, jumping on my younger boyfriend's back, causing him to yelp slightly. I let go of Luke, landing on my feet, laughing at the boy. He turned to me with his eyes wide open and his shoulders tensed. The blond's face was white, like he had seen a ghost.

"Fuck you," he said, shaking his head, laughing.

"Been there, done that," I replied, looking at him innocently. "You know, the coach did say we should be sweating, huffing and puffing by the time we get to school. I know something that would get us real tired by the time we get to school." I raised my eyebrows, smiling innocently.

Luke lolled his head back, laughing. His hands were on his hips and his right leg was slightly bent. "You dirty ass."

"Hey!" I said, offended. "My ass is very clean."

"Whatever makes you happy, babe," he said. I smiled and took a step closer to him, closing the gap between us. Looking up at him, slightly. Luke was taller than me by an inch, two at most. 

"You make me happy," I told him honestly.

He shifted slightly, brushing our noses. He wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me up closer to him, as if it was even possible. Luke pressed his lips against mine, softly. Every kiss I shared with Luke made me feel like I was on cloud nine. He was always so gentle and caring. Every kiss we shared was filled with passion and occasionally lust. The way his lips moved against mine was like we were always meant to be, "You make me happy too," he replied against my lips, causing a smile on my face.

- - - 

This book will probably have around 15-20 chapters in them and will be like this long. I purposely go from italics to normal font just because what's in normal font is what I want to guys to visualize more, I guess.

Anyhow, I also started a Mashton book, check it out if you like Mashton and thank you for the reads and jazz! I'll be updating once a day, if not once every two days and when that happens, I'll double update!