Three Days Before

My phone was in my left hand placed right beside my ear as Luke kept talking about our plan for today. He had everything thought of and set up the way he thought would sound best for me to gain weight in the next 24 hours so I can play the game. He wouldn't stop with the different types of food places we were going to go to, I almost barfed at the thought of how much we were going to eat today. The boy wanted us to have a nice, cute lunch, following an ice cream date along with a movie date where I was going to have a whole bag of large popcorn with extra butter for myself. The thought of that made me feel very uneasy.

"And we're going to hold hands after the movie while taking a small walk so you don't burn everything off very quickly, and watch the sunset and I'm going to give you small kisses and tell you how much I love you and how much I want to make love to you."

"And we're getting off track again," I joked. The thought of Luke 'making love to me' was very appealing. I wouldn't mind it because I knew how careful Luke was. He cared so much about me, and if he doesn't say it, he shows it; even when we get into small arguments, he still refuses to let me go home angry, sad, or feeling like crap in general.

"Sorry, sorry. It's just you're so beautiful and I can't help but wonder how beautiful you'd look underneath me." I could feel my cheeks heat up as he complimented me and I was glad he couldn't see me at this moment.

"Oh," I squeaked out. Despite the fact I was a six foot giant, Luke always knew how to make me feel very shy and small, and it wasn't because he was physically larger than I was.

"You're cute," he said. "Anyways, get ready, I'm picking you up in ten minutes, we're going to get you fat!" And with that he hung up. I shook my head, trying to hold a serious face, but couldn't help the smile creeping on my face.

* * *

He drove us to downtown in his old, orange Volvo. When I asked him why he decided to get an orange one he said it was not his choice, it was passed down from his bothers because apparently, every Hemming had to drive the old, hardly working, orange Volvo. Luckily, Luke was the last one in the family, so they didn't have to worry about passing it down and having it break down with another member, again.

The day was cloudy, but this morning was very sunny. It would occasionally rain, but it would last for less than five minutes before it stopped again. This weather was always my favourite because it was rainy, sunny, and cloudy all in one day. Luke thinks the sunny weather is the best because who doesn't love the sun, but I think it's because the skies are especially blue then.

Luke parked outside the all you can eat Chinese Buffet. Turning the engine off, I opened the car door, getting out and shutting it after myself. Luke did the same then jerked his head towards the restaurant, gesturing for me to go on. I walked beside Luke, taking his hand and intertwining our fingers. I didn't look at him, though, but I could see him staring at our hands, smiling from the corner of my eye.

He opened the door for me, letting me walk in first before following. Luke let go of my hand, and walked towards the waiter. "Table for two, please," he said.

The waiter nodded his head. "Right this way, sir."

And we followed the waiter, as he took us to the middle of the restaurant. The place was half full with families chattering and laughing. No one seemed to mind Luke and I.

"I'm going to get a plate for you and a plate for me, and if you don't finis your food, Clifford, I will shove it down your throat," he threatened and walked towards the buffet.

"So much for cute date,"I hollered at him. He turned around and winked before continuing.

* * *

After eating three plates of the food Luke decided was going to help me gain weight, I could not breathe. I felt like the food was stuck at my throat and it I tried to eat anything else, I would immediately vomit everything I just ate out. It took me nearly an hour to try to finish everywhere whereas Luke had finished his plate within the first ten to fifteen minutes. He had a good laugh as I tried to eat more when I couldn't.

We were now walking to the cinema since it was just across the street from the buffet. I felt sick to my stomach and I couldn't take a single step without feeling exhausted. Luke on the other hand felt very energetic and happy.

We walked into the cinema where there were many people. The sound of teenage girls squealing and teenage boys laughing hard filled the room. Luke walked to the line of never ending people waiting to get a movie ticket and their snacks.

* * *

A third of my bag of popcorn and a large cup of frozen yogurt that Luke, after begging, agreed to helping me finish was completed by the time the movie was over. Luke shook his head at me when he saw that I hardly ate any popcorn, but I just could not.

"We're finishing this at my place and you need to go to bed on a full stomach so the food burns off slowly."

"Babe, I want to gain two pounds, not two hundred," I reminded him.

"I know," he sighed. "You've just worked so hard and I don't want you booted off, you know. Plus, those football pants look ace on you," he joked.

"You're a fool." I laughed.

"I'm your fool," he winked.