Six Days Before

I woke up in the morning with the most beautiful person laying next to me. He was awake before I was but he stayed laying next to me, giving me small kisses every now and then.

"Good morning," I whispered to him.

"Good morning, princess," he replied, smiling like an idiot. He pressed his lips against mine, wrapping his arm around my waist. We were used to each other and not even morning breath bothered us. If that wasn't love then I didn't know what love was. He broke the kiss and lowered his hand slightly, pinching my ass. "Go make me breakfast, bitch," he joked, ruining the cute moment.

* * *

"Where are we going?" I asked letting the curiosity get to me. The two of us decided to not go to school today. Luke said he couldn't have been bothered and to be honest, neither could I. The school year has just started anyways, so it wasn't like we were going to miss out on something very important.

Luke and I had our hands clasped together; our fingers were intertwined. The burning sensation in my hand would not go away. His touch with like fire, it was electrifying.  He was leading me to somewhere; I didn't bother to ask up until that moment. When I asked him if he was going to drive us there, he said there was no need, that it was a walking distance. After that, we walked in silence. All you could hear were the sounds of our feet hitting on the ground, and the laughter and chatter coming from the people around us.

"To a park," he said happily. I furrowed my eyebrows because what are two, male adults meant to do in a park. Not only that, but the amount of couples and families that go to parks, what if they all thought of us differently? Of course, I didn't mind. The two of us have been out of the closet for nearly three years now, everyone in the city knew we were together, but I just felt scared. I didn't know why, and it was eating me alive.

"What if they thought, like, you know, differently, of us?" I asked trailing of at the end. I didn't mean to ask that, but it was not like I could take back what I had just said, so I let it be. 

He stopped walking and looked at me. "Babe, if this is about your parents fighting last night, we can go back home again," he said softly. He was understanding, always, but I didn't want to ruin his fun so I shook my head.

"No, we're going to the park," I said. He nodded his head and took the lead again.

After that is was quiet again. I didn't mind, I enjoyed the silence and the fact it was not an awkward one made it even better.

Once we got to the gates of the park, Luke basically ran to the swing set. The problem with that was our fingers were still intertwined which meant I was basically dragged along. My top half was basically get pulled by a 6'4 giants while my bottom half was trying to catch up with him without falling face first. 

We got to the swing set and that was when Luke let go of my hand. All I could think about was how much warmer my hand felt with his hand holding onto it. I wanted to erase that thought from my head but I could not deny it. I had missed his touch, and everything felt a little colder without him holding me. 

I walked to the swing that was next to the one he was sitting on and swung a little. My legs could still touch the ground the entire time, and I didn't mind. Going awfully high was not my thing because my last memory on a swing set included me falling backwards and crying because I accidently let go of the chain; I was always a clumsy child.

"You know," I heard Luke say, interrupting my thoughts. His voice was much nicer than my childhood thoughts anyways. I always cringed at how much of a loser I used to be as a kid, like who lets go of a swing chain when they're so high up? Oh yeah, me. "I always imagined us to be like this." 

I chuckled. "To be like what?"

"Like the couple we are. I always imagined waking up next to you, kissing you in the morning, even with your horrible morning hair," I giggled. "I always imagined you making breakfast for the two of us in your boxers when my parents and siblings were out. I always imagined us being two complete dorks, even as adults. I don't know, I just imagined this all, so perfectly."

I smiled. "We kind of are perfect, aren't we?"

"Babe, I'm pretty sure that we're a bit more than just 'kind of perfect'."

- - - -

I'm shit at updating I'm sorry