Nine Days Before

It was a long boring day. The skies were as clear as ever. It was fall, everything in fall looked so pretty and so sunny. It hardly ever rained, and when it did, it didn't shower like in spring. I sat on the lab table with Luke by my side, Calum and Ashton in front of me. Physics class was the only class we had together since our school only offered one class. It was nearly impossible to pay attention, though. Everyone spoke so loudly, and no one cared about what the teacher had to say, which also explained why most of the class failed. Our class was special; we either all walk out of a test failing, or we all walk out of a test passing. There's no in-between.

Just like many other classes, the four of us were messing around. The teacher had given up on everyone. While he spoke, one, maybe two people listened. I occasionally did, but most of the times he just repeated the same information we went through.

The four of us decided to play a game since the only work we were meant to do was a worksheet. It was a crappy game of truths which was only sexual.

"How big is Ashton?" Luke asked Calum, wiggling his eyebrows. I rolled my eyes at how stupid my boyfriend was. We had all seen each other naked an endless amount of times, I didn't see why he would ask.

Ashton gives us the visual of his size with his hands. Calum playfully shoved his boyfriend lightly, trying to hide his smile. Trying was the key word because he ended up in a small laughing fit right after.

"Alright, Ash, your go," Luke said.

Ashton looked at all of us, squinting his eyes, almost like he was analysing us. "Clifford," he said in a devilish tone. I raised my eyebrows. "Who tops in Muke?"

I widened my eyes and blushed. I looked over at Luke, hoping he'd help me answer this question but he just looked at his feet. "We haven't really done it?" I said, but it came out more of a question. I felt the blood rushing to my cheeks and I knew I was most likely as red as a tomato.

"Wait, wait, wait," Calum said shocked. I looked up to see a priceless expression on his face. His jaw was dropped, his eyebrows were furrowed and his eyes were wide. He looked like he was trying to put the pieces of everything together but was failing horribly. "The Michael Clifford and the Luke Hemmings, the couple that have been the couple of the year for three years now have not had sex?" He asked, louder than I had hoped he would.

"Shh!" I yelled, not wanting anyone around us to hear the conversation. "We just haven't done it." I stated like it was simple.

"Why?" He asked.

I shrugged. "Isn't it my turn to ask the question?" I asked, trying to change the topic.

"Just answer the question, Clifford," he said, seriously.

I scrunched up my nose. I didn't know why we haven't done it, it just never happened. Every time our kisses turn into very heated make out sessions, he'd just stop there, and kiss my softly.

"It's just never happened," Luke said, sternly. Calum and Ashton nodded, and turned around so they were facing the teacher, giving us their backs. I sighed, and shifted so I was looking at the physics teacher going on about astrophysics.

* * *

The two of us laid in my room. A film was playing in the background while I was playing with Luke's fingers. My head rested on his shoulders, while he was paying attention to the film but I was thinking about the conversation we had with Ashton and Calum in physics class.

I looked up from Luke's fingers to see a portrait view of him. He was beyond beautiful. "Why?" I asked.

His attention went from the film to me. He looked down at me, looking slightly confused.

"Why haven't we had sex before?" I asked.

He sighed. "It's not that I don't want to, because trust me, I really do. But sometimes I think that you might think we rushed all of this, so I stop," he said honestly. I nodded.

"Why didn't you just ask?" I asked.

"I felt like it would make things awkward," he mumbled. I chuckled slightly.

"How about you come over tomorrow as well. I've got somethings we could do in mind," I winked. He widened his eyes.

"Yes," he squeaked before coughing. "I mean, yeah, sure. I'll have to check my schedule."

I laughed and rested my head on his shoulder again, wondering how I got so lucky to end up with an adorable loser like him.

- - -

PSA: men are just about as much of domestic abuse victims as women. Always remember that.