| 11 | nicknames

Third Person POV_

It had been a week since Taehyung unexpectedly opened up to Jisoo about his ex, and to his surprise, he immediately began to feel better. He now had someone he could confide in with no hesitation. 

Of course his friends were always there for him, but they were all close his ex, so he always felt uncomfortable bringing her up.

And Jisoo wholeheartedly listened to him, not judging him and somehow made him feel so comfortable despite them just meeting. It made Taehyung very sure that they have met before, the automatic comfort felt so natural, and so familiar.

Throughout the week Jisoo had also met the hyungs of BTS. And naturally they all welcomed her, and have already gotten use to her presence. It was like Jisoo was just meant to be there, the way they all immediately got along, like she was the last piece of the puzzle, completing them.

💜 💜

Class was about to begin, and Taehyung was falling asleep already, facing the window to feel the sun warm up his face.

"Taehyungieee" He heard a soft whisper and turned to see a smiling Jisoo make his way next to him.

"Don't you dare fall asleep! Maths is boring enough as it is." Jisoo truly states while unpacking her bag.

He tiredly watches her, debating whether to unpack his bag as well or just go back to sleep.

But then his eyes meet the deadly glare of Jisoo, and he immediately starts unpacking his bag.

"You know I was thinking...if animals could talk, which do you think would be the most boring?" Jisoo rests her chin on her hand deep in thought.

Taehyung takes a moment to think, and then responds"Maybe turtles...or rabbits." 

But his answer results in a very shocked Jisoo.

"Those two would be the most fun! They're both adorable and rabbits are always hopping around like they are having the best time ever!" She argues defensively.

Taehyung feels a smile already begin to form on his face when he sees how passionate Jisoo is about the matter. "Just because something is cute doesn't make it fun!" He responds.

"Yes it does! I'm a perfect example!" Jisoo replies confidently, and proceeds to make a V sign and place it against her puffed up cheeks.

And it causes Taehyung to hold a laugh. 

It's strange, girls always attempted to flirt with him using aegyo, but he always cringed at the sight. However here he is, smiling back at Jisoo's attempt, with only one thought running through his head.

Gwiyeobda.

"See I told you. Cute equals fun." She smiles back at the speechless Taehyung, who just helplessly nods in agreement.

The rest of the class takes interest, especially the girls, who are in utter disbelief of the sight. 

"So, Jisoo Turtle Rabbit Kim, which animal is the most boring?" He smiles widely as he faces her, very proud of the nickname he just came up with.

Jisoo returns his boxy smile with her own heart shaped one. "Was that a new nickname Taehyung-ssi?" She teases through her smile, slightly cocking her her head.

"I guess it was Jisoo-ssi." He plays along, always excited with how she will respond.

For the past week, this is how every maths lesson had begun. Taehyung would be fighting the urge to sleep, Jisoo would walk in with a highly intellectual question she thought of while walking to school, and then they would engage in lengthy discussions, often resulting in jealous stares from Jisoo's female classmates. But of course Taehyung and Jisoo were always too caught up in their own world to notice.

Unfortunately, maths class wasn't the best place to do this, and both would often get in trouble for class disruptions.

"Taehyung and Jisoo, this is your last warning!" Ms Kwon sternly looks at the pair, who once again apologises for talking in class.

As she looks back at the board, the two steal a glance at each other, and try their very best to hold in their laugh. But unfortunately they are in that giggly mood, where even a small glance at each other will make you crack (a/n currently imagining Jin and RM's live).

The next thing they knew, they are receiving a detention for yet another class disruption.

💜 💜

"There's more on that side!" Jisoo whines when she sees how much rubbish students have left, her rubbish bag is already nearly full.

Sweat is dripping across Jisoo's face after both Taehyung and her have been collecting rubbish for 35 minutes in the sun. A cool breeze kindly comes, but causes a strand of Jisoo's hair to get stuck on her face.

"Aishh..." she mumbles while trying to flick her hair out of the way but fails to do so with her hands full.

Taehyung smiles at the irritated Jisoo, then walks in front of her, his height blocking the rude sun, and he drags the strands of hair of her face and gently tucks it behind her ear.

Jisoo is taken aback by the sudden gesture, but finds herself using this moment to admire the sight in front of her, Taehyung softly smiling while the rude sun decides to be polite for him, creating a halo like glow behind him, somehow making his undeniable visuals even more beautiful.

And then for a moment, he meets her admiring gaze.

Initially Jisoo felt the need to avert her eyes, and pretend nothing happened, but to her surprise Taehyung boldly matches her gaze with the same admiration, the clueless Jisoo unaware that he is also using this moment to appreciate her beauty.

Jisoo then feels a warmth cupping her cheek, and suddenly realises it's Taehyung's hand, he hasn't removed it after tucking her hair back.

She takes a glance at his hands as she feels heat rise to her cheeks, which causes his eyes to follow her gaze, and he also realises what he's doing.

"Oh uh-" He instantly removes it and places an awkward smile, rubbing the back of his neck unsure of what to say, or what came over him.

Jisoo smiles at the rare sight of an awkward Tae, and decides to make this easier for him by laughing it off.

"Come on tiger we need to finish cleaning before lunch." Jisoo giggles and continues to make her way to the rubbish filled area, moving away quickly before her cheeks turn red.

Meanwhile, she had again caused Taehyung to smile his boxy smile, he always does when she nicknames him.